19: Animal🐆

Asa

Asa

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"And I hope that one day
You learn to accept the truth
That your heart speaks."

━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

*
"Look at this stupid animal!" Kosi mused to Jemi and I.

We were in Bread Basket- a weird name, I know- our usual lunch break spot. In fact, the favourite lunch break spot for kids in our school. Bread basket sold everything. From pizza and cupcakes to smoothies and coffee.

In the blazing hot dry season, they sold fantastic ice cream and in the cold rainy season, they sold delicious coffee and chocolate drinks. The interior was warm and inviting with splashes of water melon pink colours, shaded bright red lamps, a sturdy bookshelf in the corner and rugs and carpets, creating a homely feeling.

Kosi was scrolling through her phone, musing to herself. "He actually texted me and he thinks I'll reply."

Jemi caught my eye and we both sighed tiredly, used to this.

Of course, she would reply him. And if he calls, of course, she would answer him and if he invites her over, of course, she'll go to him.

She loved him.

His name was Trevor and he was the single most despicable piece of shit to wear human skin and walk the earth.

Heaven knows who he had to kill to get that skin.

Trevor and Kosi have been on a string of breakups and heartache. They've been dating for two years now and he's a senior in another school, Cristan Prep, a prefect for that matter. Trev is pretty famous because, like Jemi, he dominates on the basketball court.

Cristan Prep and Trinity Academy have been archenemies for decades. They were our toughest competitors during games, essay and quiz competitions. They rivaled us in everything and it was during one of our game clashes that Kosi met Trev.

He was the top dog in his school. The it guy. And he was after Kosi. Completely swept her off her feet.

At first, everything was okay. They went on cute dates and picnics and he treated her like a queen. But rumours started going around that he was cheating. We ignored the rumours but one day, Kosi went through his phone and stumbled on his chats with her cousin. He had asked her to send nudes and she had complied.

Kosi confronted him about it but he told her that it was just that. Harmless nudes. She broke up with him but he played his cards right and they got back together. Even after many fuckups, she wouldn't give up on him.

He only got more reckless. Living the stupid rich lagos boy lifestyle of clubs, alcohol, drugs and girls. Being a highranking senator's son, he'd appear in tabloids for horrible reasons. He started fights, passed out on the streets, slept around, partied wildly and was just being a flat out deadbeat with a loaded account.