36: Commandment📜

Kam

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"Love your Lord, thy God

Love your neighbour as I have loved you."

-Jesus.

━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"Hey, Babe!" I chirped into the phone when Asa answered my call. I heard the flipping of books in the background and knew that she was studying. "Guess what?"

I imagined her arching her eyebrow. "What?" She asked warily.

"I'm wearing a tie."

"What's the point of wearing a tie? I thought we were just
meeting in Amir's place?"

"Only a tie."

It took her a second to understand what I just said and when she did, she yelped and I heard something clatter to the floor.

I exploded into laughter.

"What the hell, Kam!" She screeched. I imagined her face aflame. "You made me drop my phone."

"Oh my God, Asa! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it. I'm dressed up."

"That's your problem. I'm not kissing you for a week."

"C'mon, Asa, I'm sorry. I'll get you ice cream on my way if you forgive me."

She groaned. "Why do you have to tempt me with that, Kam?"

"Have you left home already? I want to pick you up at the subway."

"Oh! You don't have to. I'm here already."

"At the subway?"

"No. In Amir's place. There were some problems in Further Mathematics that I wasn't able to solve on my own. He's tutoring me right now. " There was a noise in the background, a change in static.

I waited a few seconds, not sure of what to say. Part of me was still disappointed that Asa hadn't reached out to me, that day she went off with Amir. I had nearly ran mad with worry, imagining all the worst case scenarios.

Kidnapped, killed, organs harvested, or worse!

In the end, it was Amir that had called to inform me that she was safe. She didn't call me at all that day, didn't want to talk about it the next morning. Part of me was bothered. Sometimes I questioned myself, worrying if she understood how much I felt for her. How worried I was for her, especially because she lived on the mainland and her neighbourhood looked like it lacked the concept of security.

I love you, I'd tell her. And she'd nod and say, I know. But she didn't know. She didn't understand. She didn't understand how much she affected me. How much she consumed me. How much of me marvelled at the entirety of who she was as a person. So beautiful. So strong. She was gold and she was diamond. She was a queen and she was a goddess.

And I was madly in love with her.

"Okay, babe." I told her after finding my voice. "I'll be there in five."