Goodbye...I'm off to die.

Next day Percy and Clarisse got ready, with their bags containing supplies and weapons. Percy fingered Riptide in his pocket, and felt a pang of nostalgia. He'd been on so many quests with this ballpoint-pen-which-was-also-a-sword. And he'd hoped that he could live a normal life, but clearly...not.

"Oh." Annabeth had said when Percy explained it to her last night, through an Iris message, her face had been blank. She behaved cold and distant, and made Percy feel like crying.

But the next day, she came to visit him at Camp Half-Blood, just as they were about to leave.

"Percy!" Annabeth yelled. "I- I just wanted to wish you luck. Good luck."

She took his hands in hers, and kissed him lightly on his cheek. "Kill some monsters for me."

"Thanks, Annabeth" said Percy. "But, unfortunately, there won't be much monster killing on this quest."

A bit further away another farewell was going, Percy tapped Clarisse on the shoulder, and accidentally disturbed Clarisse and Chris Rodriguez.

"Bye then, Clare Bear" Chris said looking teary as she and Percy got inside the van. "Don't call me Clare Bear. But...goodbye, Chris..." Clarisse said.

"Bye, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth yelled after him. "See ya, Wise Girl! I love you!" Percy yelled back. Annabeth blushed, and slowly walked away, muttering about dumb boys and seaweed brains, and a particular son of Poseidon that she may or may not love.

Percy and Clarisse climbed into Argus's van.

"Tartarus is not where I planned my vacations." Percy said thoughtfully.

"Nor did I," Clarisse agreed.

 "But thanks, runt." she added before turning away. Percy smiled. He sank back into his seat, and closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The van stopped suddenly, and Percy's head jolted forward. "OW," he muttered, rubbing his head.

"Are we- is this- have we reached?" Clarisse questioned Argus. 

Argus winked at them, which meant eyes all over his body winked, and the fore of the fluttering eyelashes almost knocked Clarisse backwards. "Good luck," Argus grunted.

Then they got off from the van, and watched it speed off towards Camp Half Blood, and home and safety. Percy sighed. "Well?"

"Where now?" Clarisse asked.

"Maybe- maybe we need to talk to Tartarus or something..." Percy frowned in confusion, and he ran towards a stinky small street with waste littered.

Clarisse followed, careful not to step on something dirty.

"Tartarus, O mighty death spirit," Percy spoke in a weird voice, "A little help here?" The ground shook. 

Clarisse frowned. "I don't think he's a death spirit. O ancient spirit who eats monsters or something like that, I guess...."    

Sadly, no passage appeared, but a bag of rubbish did land on Clarisse's head.

"Clarisse," Percy interrupted, "I don't think you're helping..."

Suddenly, the ground rumbled again and Percy was falling, Clarisse was by his side, he could tell. 

Then memories shot inside his head, he saw Annabeth calling out his name, scared, Clarisse introducing him to the toilet, Luke, his mom and Paul sleeping in the middle of a war, and many things he wanted to forget. 

He felt cold sucking happiness out of him, if Clarisse felt the same, he could not tell.

Then suddenly a sudden warmth filled him, and happy memories arrived.

He suddenly felt his legs touching the ground, and Clarisse landed by his side looking perfectly fine. He didn't get to ask her about the sensation as a foul smell filled his nose and his hand shot up to cover it.

"Welcome," a deep voice echoed, "To Tartarus" 

-

-

-

-

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE: SO BASICALLY THIS BOOK IS PRETENDING THAT THE EVENTS OF TRIALS OF APOLLO DIDN'T HAPPEN.

ALSO: PRETEND HOUSE OF HADES OR MARK OF ATHENA DIDN'T HAPPEN. THIS IS CONFUSING, I KNOW, WE'RE SORRY.

BYE-BYE ENCHILADAS!

Seren and Shailza xoxo