Oh, for Styx's sake

"Now what?" Clarisse asked, scowling.

"I got a crazy idea," Percy told her.

Clarisse turned towards Percy, "Oh please! Keep your crazy ideas to yourself," she said, gloomily. "They're always shit."

Percy ignored her and walked forward, "Hide," he said, raising his hands.

He could feel the current, its power flowing through his veins. He concentrated as Clarisse ran away from him, realising what he was about to do.

Percy summoned the Styx. 

The deadly water of the river of hate came from the underworld (which was above them) slaughtering every monster in its path. The packets of nectar and ambrosia melted, the papers containing Apollo's haiku disappeared (Yes he complained.......... later) and all the other stuff simply vanished. 

Percy looked around himself looking pleased, he was completely dry as he hadn't let the water touch him, but Clarisse was not at all happy.

"PERSEUS JACKSON" she cried, "You- you......" She clenched her jaw, fighting the itch to slap the boy.

Percy looked around him and saw why Clarisse was angry, the garbage had disappeared but everything had gone wet and muddy, making Tartarus look even grosser than before (Which they didn't think could happen).

Percy looked apologetically towards Clarisse, "Sorry....." 

But there was no time to say sorry, they had to clean the entirety of Tartarus and they needed a plan . . . or they were dead.

Ooops.