Chapter- 11

A few steps later, we reached the next floor.
"Wow", Amy murmured in awe, "this place is so--"
"Scary?" I wondered, feeling my newfound courage starting to falter.
"I was going to say cool," she laughed. "I mean I get what happened was a big tragedy... but doesn't this place just hype you up on adrenaline? It's scary, yeah, but like in a good way. You know?"
I sighed. "I guess so," I said. In a way it did feel like we were on some sort of adventure and interior of the asylum was definitely something else. I highly doubted I would ever have an opportunity to do something like this again, so I tried to make the best out of it and take in the ghoulish scenery with the optimism instead of uncertainty.
The staircase amy and I had just climbed up led us straight into a dark and open hallway; the only source of light emanating through some missing chunks of the deteriorated walls. The dirty stone floor was sturdy under our feet despite the spider web-cracks that ran through certain lengths of it. And up the ancient, grey marble walls of the hall were creeping bugs, bloodcurdling imprints, and some slightly humorous graffiti.
Amy read one line out loud that was bold and color of cherry red. "Free candy" It wasn't spray-painted on the wall like a lot of the other lines were, but instead on a closed set of rusty steel doors- doors to an old elevator shaft by the looks of it.
Due to being friends with amy for nearly half of my life, let alone just simple perception, I immediately recognised the spark in her eyes after registering those two-worded phrase. She was going to open the doors.
"Amy," I quickly warned, but it was too late. She had already stuck her boney fingers between the slim crack in the center, and managed to separate the slides without much force at all.
She remained at the edge of the concrete, and cautiously, I approached her side. There was no elevator inside when we peeked, but instead a black vacant hole with a wall across it that had similar print. "Step inside for your candy, sweets," Amy read. And an arrow right below that sentence that pointed downward into the darkness.
I swallowed, stepping back. "Something tells me that there's no candy down there," I voiced.
Amy laughed at my lame comment, and backed away as well.
"I wonder how far down it goes," she wondered.
I shrugged. "We're on the second floor, so if there's a basement, then like three stories."
She bobbed her head. "Sounds about right,"
She squinted down into the darkness one last time, then suddenly turned around like she'd lost her interest. "Come on," she said, "I want to check the rooms out."
We continued down the hall where there were a series of doorways without doors, and with that being said it wasn't difficult to see what was inside. While every room had its minor differences, they all consisted the same basic attributes: a stone floor, a metal bed frame, a small toilet and sink, and then a single window with two thick metal bars intersecting at the center., making it seem like less of a rehabilitation center, and more like a prison.
I followed amy into one of the rooms where she rotated around in a slow circle, her eyes fixating on every flaw on the furniture and walls. I got bored, not knowing what to do with myself, so I propped myself up on the sink, and watched amy wander.
"We're walking in a graveyard," she said at one point. She looked at me, as if expecting an immediate response.
"Oh. I guess we are." I fidgeted with the hem of my sweatshirt. "Found anything noteworthy?" I asked, not wanting to dwell on the subject of death.
"No, not yet." She made it seem like at some point something was bound to come up.
I shrugged, trying to seem more nonchalant than I felt. "Then maybe we should just head back home... it doesn't seem like we're getting anywhere. Plus we've been here for a while, and I haven't heard any laughter or noises."
She looked like she was only half-paying attention to me and the other half of her was observing and thinking. "True," she replied, nonetheless.
"So, can we?"
A huff of disappointment. "Fine, whatever. But I'm coming back with or without you," she said, placing her hands on her hips.
Part of me wanted to keep pressing on why she was so damn interested in this mystery, but I wasn't really in the mood to start up that headache.
I hopped off the sink and brushed my dirty palms on the front of y jeans. "Hey, at least we can be grateful that the laughter seems to be stopping. It's been like what, twenty minutes? And I feel fine right now."
She smiled tightly. Forced. "That's great."
"Mhm. I think so, at least."
I then spun around to leave the room and this horrid building, but a sudden burst of dread stopped me from doing so. Something in the pit of my stomach felt as if it were being consumed by what I could omly explain as 'evil' and I unwillingly paralyzed, gaping in trepidation at the image before me- at what was standing underneath the doorframe to the hall.
There, glaring at me through thin eyes and thick bangs, was a teenage girl. She had black hair, luminescent skin, and charcoal eyes that could see right through me.
All I could do was scream.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY SORRY EVERYONE FOR BEING A LAZY ASS. BUT, ALL THESE TIMES, I'VE BEEN BUSY WITH MY EXAMS AND SHIT. MY EXAMS ARE STILL RUNNING, BUT I'LL CONTINUE THIS AFTER EXAMS I SWEAR!!!
ALSO, PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU LIKED IT OR NOT IN THE COMMENTS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS REGARDING THE STORY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKYOU ;)