You shouldn't have done that

The storm churned into a miniature hurricane. The funnel clouds scattered notebooks, jackets, hats, and anything else that wasn't attached. Amoriel's black hair whipped across her face as she watched kids scream and run for the building doors.

"Mi alma!" Leo yelled. His arm reached out toward Amoriel. The wind caused him to lose his balance and almost topple over the railing, but Jason grabbed his jacket and pulled him back.

"Thanks, man!" Leo shouted as he made his way to Amoriel. Even through the mess of wind and hair, she could see the lines etched on his face. Leo's dark eyebrows were knit together; his usually mischievous grin had turned down into a frown. His arms wrapped around her waist, "We've got to go!"

She could have sworn that he felt warmer.

Piper and Dylan were holding the doors open, herding the other kids inside. The snowboarding jacket and jersey flapped wildly in the wind. Jason, Leo, Coach Hedge, and Amoriel all ran towards the surprisingly calm Piper.

"Come on!" Piper's warm smile radiating towards them, "Just a little bit further."

Easy for you to say. Amoriel wanted to quip back. When any of them were able to take a step forward, the wind pushed them three strides back. It was like the wind was fighting back.

The last of their classmates slipped through the doors. They watched in horror as Dylan slammed the door shut. He flicked his wrist toward Piper and she flew backwards. Amoriel heard Jason call out.

"Leo" Amoriel 's arm pulled the small boy behind her. Her right thumb still on her ring. She didn't know why or how - but she needed to keep Leo safe.

In the next heartbeat, Coach Hedge stood in front of them protectively. "Stay behind me" He ordered. "This is my fight. I've should've known that was our monster"

Amoriel's eyes narrowed on the Coach. The wind had blown away his baseball cap. Two bumps poked through his curly tuffs. The similar blazing burn of a knife sliced through her skull. She groaned. Not the time, she complained in her thoughts.

Her mind showed her an ancient painting of a man playing the pipes. Except he wasn't a man - not the bottom half at least. Hot, spiking tendrils radiated through out her brain and down her neck. The pain overwhelmed her nervous system.

"Amorie!" Leo called out. She felt the cool glass impact on her body. Leo's eyes flickering between Dylan standing off with Coach Hedge and his girlfriend laying on the sky walk.

Dylan blinding smile was directed to Coach Hedge, his eyes narrowing on the small frame. "Oh, come on Coach. You think you can protect four half-bloods at once, old man?"

Dylan raised his hands toward Leo and Amoriel. Again, he flicked his wrist.

"No!" Amoriel screamed. In a blink of an eye, Leo was gone. Her hand ripped a part of her charm bracelet off. The small silver trinket transformed into quiver with purple arrows in it. And the moment she pressed her ring it turned into a black bow.

 And the moment she pressed her ring it turned into a black bow