intro

the beginning.

renjun stood behind the manager as he knocked on a dance studio's door. once entered six heads turned to them. curiosity etched on each of their faces. renjun kept himself half hidden. he knew about them before leaving china, keeping up with learning about each member and training. however he discovered upon arrival this morning that the others were not aware of his existence, let alone he would be a new member. they believed they would be a fixed six member group. he had been excited, especially learning that one of the members is also chinese. now though, the nerves had grown. the manager was explaining who he was and his position. he finished with a pat to the smaller boy's shoulder, ''this is your newest member, huang renjun. he shall be lead vocalist, main dancer and visual. i trust you boys to treat him well. i'll leave you to get to know one another. you're free to continue practicing as one, but it is not required for today. so you can head back to the dorms.'' he left with a reassuring smile. renjun could feel the six pairs of eyes focus on him. he gave a polite bow, ''h-hello, uh i'm renjun..which you already know.'' his voice trailed off at the end. the one with cotton candy hair spoke up first, ''we weren't aware we'd be having another member. it's been weeks. and another vocalist?'' renjun glanced around at the other member's face's and immediately looked back down. they didn't look pleased. like he was a nuisance. one member he recognized as haechan, aka donghyuck, stepped forward with a warm smile, ''welcome to dream injun-ah, let's head to the dorms and talk there.'' renjun nodded and followed quietly behind the others.