eight

the day of the shoot renjun woke up earlier than usual. he blinked his eyes open peeking at his two roommates who were sound asleep, cuddled up together. he felt an ache in his chest knowing he would never get that. not with them. he managed to sneak to the bathroom and complete his morning routine before the other two woke up. he kept his head down at the breakfast table when they entered. he didn't want to look at jeno or jaemin, afraid that they'd be able to know his thoughts. mark broke the morning silence, 'so the plan today. we'll leave in thirty minutes. once we arrive straight to the stylist and makeup noona's. the director will then tell us what we need to do.' 

renjun sat his chair letting the stylist fix his hair. he had already finished his makeup. the color now a orange brown. the others similar enough colors. jaemin still had his pink hair. while chenle was given green hair. it surprisingly suited the younger. he watched the others from the mirror. jeno now having brown hair. it made him look soft. once they were all looking the part and lined up the director explained the process. renjun gave a nervous nod. one of the main scenes would be a water fight, they would all have to act like they were having fun and the best of friends. they played the song in the background and others to help loosen them up.

at first they looked at school other, like sims waiting for instructions. but then haechan grabbed mark using the hose to splash him in the face. mark sputtered and retaliated by throwing one of the sponges from the buckets laid out. very mark like. chenle let out a high pitched giggle and pulled jisung in with him. renjun glances at the nomin couple. jaemin being the one to pull jeno in. renjun watched with a soft smile at his new home. he wasn't sure where he should insert himself. jeno has been right. they had a perfect balance. haechan noticed him and nudged mark muttering something. he only came from his thoughts when a mischievous smiling chenle came up holding something behind his back. before renjun could comment on the water dripping behind him he was sprayed in the face with cold water. he let out a sputter and soon he was joining in on the laughter. they didn't even notice the time going by. lost in the enjoyment he didn't realize how close he was with jeno and jaemin. laughing and playing along with them. soon jeno's arms were wrapped around him trying to take the water hose from the smaller's hands. of course jeno being stronger released it from his grip. only when he felt jeno's laughter against his neck did he realize their position and a blush crept onto his cheeks. jeno paused for a moment coughing before opting to spray him and the others with water. when the director called cut they all excitedly went back to dry off and change. their manager announcing they could go for food. a local restaurant. they sat around each other munching happily. jaemin turned to him leaning his head on his shoulder, 'haechannie was right, you fit right in injun-ah.' jeno hummed beside him, 'he's right.' renjun looked up at them both mouth parted in surprise. even the others looked shocked.