six

the music blared through the speakers. the six boys following the music instantly. renjun wasn't sure where to place himself. while he knew all the moves and transitions he didn't know where his place would be. the fear of overstepping also settling in once again. he smiled at donghyuck through the mirror, who smiled back and shot him a heart. he chuckled lightly and continued to watch in admiration. his eyes drifting to jeno and jaemin naturally, jaemin having natural stage charisma and jeno was one hell of a dancer. not to mention he may be attracted to the sound of their voices. the music stopped and renjun found himself clapping. he blushed a little and lowered his hands.

their instructor turned to him, 'now it's your turn. i know the others would probably love to hear your voice but for now id like to see how you get on following the dance. we'll start with your debut song which will be we go up.' he stepped into the centre of the floor, his nerves rising again. not wanting to see the others reactions he kept his head low. as soon as the music started he felt his body move to the music on instinct. at one point he met jaemin's gaze through the mirror and the other sent him a smile that made his insides melt. the music stopped and the instructor smiled, 'I see you've kept up with training on your side. good job. today we'll figure out where you will be in terms of placement and transitions.' they spent hours at it, the instructor trying different ways before being satisfied with the end result. he clapped, 'perfect, tomorrow you'll be in the recording studio, to fill in your parts.' he left them to catch their breath and gather their belongings. renjun our of breath from the amount of times they went through the same song. he did admit of messing up a few steps, but could you blame him when jeno's has on a sleeveless top and nominate in all black.

he sat beside chenle. the other looking at him shyly. he spoke to him in chinese, 'you did so good gege.' renjun smiles at the other ruffling his hair, 'thanks lele' he felt good. now that another member felt comfortable with him, or at least enough to speak to him like normal. they were interrupted by an excited jaemin throwing his arms around renjun. 'injun you're so good, I wanna year you sing so bad.' he looked at renjun with big eyes, puppy eyes and renjun really wanted to resist. the others were also sitting beside them and looked at him expectantly. renjun bit his lip nodding shyly, 'o-okay.' singing was natural to him, and of course he knew he'd be singing in front of crowds if all went well. and while that caused nerves there was something different about showing yourself to the people you'd spend most of your days with. what ifs. what if he wasn't good enough? what if he didn't live up to their expectations? he decided to sing some of the we young song that they would be releasing. he himself of course not having a part yet, but he quite liked the song. pressing play he closed his eyes and harmonised along with chenle's part. when he opened them chenle clapped excitedly praising him and telling him in chinese that they should sing together for the live versions. donghyuck was smiling at him full of warmth, and mark looked pleased. jaemin still wrapped around him squeezed him, 'i knew you'd be talented. voice of an angel.' jeno didn't make a comment, renjun watched him as he stared at him for a few moments before looking away. he sighed, he really didn't want the other to dislike him.

[ A/N ⌁ for future note, anything said in chinese will be in bold, i don't think there'll be much but just in case

[ A/N for future note, anything said in chinese will be in bold, i don't think there'll be much but just in case.]