four

renjun felt his nerves melt away, and gave a full toothy smile to the other, "you're right. and thank you. .... but also why is poor mark hyung dense."

the seven boys sat around a round table in a small parlor. renjun looked around admiring the decor. the walls were painted a pastel blue with small drawings of painted clouds spaced out. mark and jeno stood up going to get the ice cream. they opted to get a selection of ice cream so as they could enjoy different ones. chenle and jisung in their own little world it was cute. jaemin taking pictures of the maknaes. renjun turned to donghyuck to finish their previous conversation. the other turning a shade of red. he wondered if thats what he also looked like when around jaemin and jeno. renjun smiled, 'you don't have to tell me hyuck.' donghyuck smiled, 'it'd be nice to share it with someone, i trust you injun-ah.'

he watched donghyuck's eyes follow their leader fondly, 'i like mark. no, i love him. since we were trainees. at first i didnt realise. we were the closest of friends and i thought that it was just those kind of feelings. but, then as we grew i wanted to hold his hand, be the one to make him smile, and recently i want to kiss him. sadly hyung doesn't like overly given affection. i think its mostly shyness. but who knows. i like to tease him with hugs and kissing his cheek.' he looks back towards renjun with a sad smile. renjun placing his hand on the other's in comfort. renjun pulled away when jeno coughed and sat beside him, jaemin on the other side. renjun noticed mark look at where their hands had been and he smiled to himself. he knew they'd be okay. he let them have time together focusing on his ice cream. putting the spoon in his mouth he looked up to see both jeno and jaemin looking at him. he froze. jaemin was smiling, the camera still in his hand. he frowned, 'did you just take a photo of me?' jaemin grinned at him, 'maybe. you looked cute and the lighting suits you.' renjun frowned, 'please delete it i have no makeup on today!' renjun knew it was ironic. he would be the visual. but that was the magic of makeup. he knew he wasn't that beautiful. his mother reminded him of it everyday, and his old classmates. he had often been compared to his brother too. who was naturally beautiful in every way. he too thought so. renjun was too small. too dainty. and owned glasses a little too large.

jaemin frowned at him, 'renjunnie you look perfect.' renjun waved him off. it wasn't a topic he was fond of and he also didn't want to upset jeno further. not that it mattered. he could feel the other watching him. he looked up meeting his gaze, this time the blonde looking away. unusual. renjun didn't think much on it opting to focus on listening to their two youngest argue over which was the best flavour. tomorrow they would start training as a team.