one

they sat in a circle on the floor around a small table. he could sense the other's were still hostile about his entrance. only donghyuck seemed to be ready to welcome him with open arms. donghyuck placed the last mug of hot chocolate in front of himself. he smiled, ''so i know you know our names already but just to break the awkward tension we should introduce ourselves anyway. i'm donghyuck, my stage name is haechan.'' he nudges the person beside him who happens to be the cotton candy haired one. he faced renjun a smirk playing om his lips, ''na jaemin. nice to meet you.'' renjun cursed at himself at the feeling of his cheeks flushing. next was mark, the leader, he gave an almost shy wave, "i'm mark, the leader. welcome to the dream team." he ended it with a embarrassed smile. next came chenle who gave a sheepish smile and spoke in chinese, "zhong chenle. i hope we can get along ge-ge." renjun almost coo'd at the younger's shy introduction. next was the youngest. who he found even more shy, his voice almost a whisper, "park jisung." renjun hoped the youngest would feel comfortable with him soon. last but not least. he felt the intense gaze straight away, "jeno. welcome short stuff." jaemin reached across flicking the blondes forehead, "don't scare the new kid away you heathen." mark ignored their antics speaking to renjun, "we apologise that we didn't seem happy earlier. it was mostly shock. we didn't expect another member. you'll be sharing a room with jaemin and jeno. i share with hyuck and chenle with jisungie." renjun nodded and looked at his two roommates. both staring back at him. jaemin even daringly sending him a wink. again he felt his cheeks heat up. donghyuck breaking the spell by placing his hands on renjun's, "i can tell. you'll fit right in."

he followed behind his two new roommates as they led him to their shared room. jaemin helping him with placing his belongings on his newly appointed bed. the room was quite spacious, enough room to fit three bed and three desks. jaemin pointing out it would be for studying. while they didn't go to regular school they were all required to finish online classes. renjun noticed that jeno has not spoken a word to him since their meet up in the living room. opting to avoid the oldest and going straight into the bathroom. he flinched a little at the sound of the door being slammed. jaemin turned to him with a reassuring smile, "jeno is shy. he's not very good with new. please don't take any offence." renjun nodded but still he felt a sense of worry build inside him. after all he would be spending a large amount of time with them. jeno came back out a few minutes later letting jaemin in for his turn. once the door closed again jeno's face turned slightly his way, "don't expect a warm welcome from me. we were a perfect setup. you being here messes that up." renjun didn't get a chance to respond as the other laid down and turned away. when jaemin came back out he looked between them. renjun giving him a weak smile before going under his own covers. he didn't sleep much that night. jeno's words replaying in his mind.