Chapter 6

~~ 1 Month Later ~~

"Well, I can safely say that I was not expecting this. Then again, I suppose looking back on things, it really should have been obvious to me", I reflected as I held the wooden block in my hand up towards the heavens, before throwing it across the room with all the baby strength I could muster. The wooden block traced a graceful arc in the sky and landed on the tatami mat a respectable two feet away.

"We aren't farmers", I said while nodding to myself. Hearing an aggressive shout, I looked to my left and witnessed one of my sisters in a blue bathrobe getting the crap beaten out of her by two of my other sisters, one wearing a dark red bathrobe and the other a red bathrobe.

'Blood Sister sure is vicious. I mean, Red Sister isn't exactly gentle but Blood Sister is just next level. She's slashing and slashing that wooden blade around like some kind of miniature black-haired female Himura Kenshin. I don't actually know what's happening. I wonder what Blue Sister did to deserve this two-on-one beating. Ouch, that looks like it'll bruise in the morning.'

Noticing Red Sister take a rather loud hit to her left forearm, I winced sympathetically. This was followed by Blood Sister getting kicked in the torso which made her stumble backwards. After getting her sword parried and directed towards the tatami mat, Red Sister then received a nasty elbow to the face. Perhaps this was some new sport of mixed martial arts involving swords that I had never heard of before. And Blue Sister is clearly cheating because she is wielding two swords, one shorter than the other, while my other two sisters only had one sword each.

"Our parents are obviously on-site groundskeepers for an exclusive private school of some sort", I affirmed to Kiyoko who was sitting on my left. She had a determined look on her face as she attempted to recreate the Leaning Tower of Pisa with wooden blocks. As she looked away to grab another wooden block, I grabbed the top-most block of her tower and repeated my attempts at breaking my current throwing record: three feet.

'Ooh, that was close. Wonder if Kiyoko will get mad at me once she figures out why her tower isn't getting any taller. Wow, what a dodge! Blue Sister is pulling off some Matrix shit right now!'

Blood Sister continued her offensive together with Red Sister resulting in Blue Sister backing up while parrying and dodging the flurry of sword strikes thrown her way. A few moments later, Blue Sister got herded into one of the Dojo's corners and Blood Sister managed to 'stab' Blue Sister in the chest. Kaa-san, who was sitting on one side then said something to the three of them which resulted in my battle-weary sisters heading in the direction of some glass cups arrayed around a glass jug filled with water.

"I should have noticed it earlier but I didn't put two and two together until today, when Ojii-san brought us here to the school's dojo", I said to Rumi who was sitting on my right. Rumi was currently playing with a doll with spiky yellow hair, which I mistakenly thought was hay when I had first laid eyes on it. Last week I had discovered what was so interesting about her precious map. It wasn't actually a rolled-up map. Rather, it was a scroll that contained a variety of diagrams of a man in different yoga poses. I failed to see what was so interesting about the diagrams but I guess I'm just not into yoga.

"The large building. The large fields for baseball or rugby or whatever sport it is that Japanese schoolkids enjoy playing. A bunch of random people coming and going. That school fair last month. This dojo. The large pond across from this dojo that I assume is for swimming in. The gardening equipment that I mistook for farming equipment. On-site groundskeepers of an exclusive private school make the most amount of sense.