Chapter 12

~~ 2 Months Later ~~

Yawning as I woke up, I groggily rubbed the sleep from my eyes. My dreams had been filled with cherry blossom trees, vestiges of a memory from a month ago when our family decided to travel half a day away to a small town in order to view the beautiful trees. I had dreamt of running through a row of pink cherry blossom trees in full bloom while chasing white rabbits, laughing maniacally the entire time.

|[ You have slept in a bed for 11 hours. All HP and CP restored. ]|

|[ Happy Birthday! You are now 1 years old. +1 to all stats. ]|

'Already? Time sure does fly. Thanks Gamer System! Also, yay free stats. Status!'

Name: Amano Genji

Level: 13

Title: Best Brother Ever

HP: 272

CP: 448

STR: 16 (+1)

AGI: 16

VIT: 16

INT: 28

WIS: 28

Points: 0

Experience: 23.06% to next level

'I had gained two free Intelligence stats when I learnt the names of Naoko and Masago-obaasan, but other than that, these are my first stat gains since The Incident. Hey wait a minute, what happened to the (1) beside my title?'

|[ You have no other titles. ]|

'What? Am I no longer the heir? Is it because of The Incident? Ah well, Naoko seems pretty smart anyway, the family business will do fine without me.'

Looking around, I realized that I was in my rocking cradle in my parent's bedroom.

'Oh shit, not again!'

As I was about to prepare myself for another long day of fighting, the sliding door to the bedroom opened, revealing a smiling Kaa-san.

"Happy Birthday Genji-kun!" Kaa-san said as she picked me up, a bundle of clothing in her arms, "You needed a new outfit for your birthday so your Tou-san had this specially delivered all the way from the Capital."

Humming to herself while she dressed me in a long-sleeved red shirt with a white cherry blossom design on the front and a pair of black pants, Kaa-san then smiled at me and said, "You're one years old Genji-kun! Do you know what that means?"

"Is it the same as Rumi's birthday last week? Will there be cake again?" I replied her question with questions of my own.

"Yes Genji-kun, there will be cake", Kaa-san said as she gave me a beaming smile and kissed my right cheek.

Wiping my right cheek against my right shoulder, I asked, "Can I have cake for breakfast?"

"You can have a bit of cake after your lunch Genji-kun. Now come on, breakfast is ready", replied Kaa-san as she once again picked me up, carrying me out into the hallway and towards the kitchen.