Chapter Twenty

It wasn't easy to be the wife of a Death Eater while being a member of the Order of the Phoenix. For the past few weeks, Lyra found herself having to lie to her husband and her son about where she was going almost every day. 

Then again, Narcissa had still been keeping her promise. They had been telling Lucius that they wished to reconnect more after not having had the closest relationship for the past decade. It was believable enough. 

Of course, she realized that she couldn't use her sister as an excuse all the time. There were a lot more Order meetings than she had suspected. Then again, Lyra did have a lot of connections in the Wizarding World, some not even her husband shared. 

She was able to get by quite nicely with asking some friends to lie for her once in a while. She didn't trust all of them, of course. That's when she was thankful that she had spent the past years learning about all the scandals and horrid things people didn't want to get out. She didn't particularily enjoy being cruel, but she wouldn't put it past herself. 

The biggest joy of her life had been reconnecting with Sirius and Remus in a way she hadn't been able to before. They talked about basically anything their hearts desired, which made her spend even more time at Twelve Grimmauld Place than necessary. 

She was afraid these things could only cause trouble, because the less she was away from home the better. But it was Sirius and Remus. She didn't care as long as she could be with them for as much as possible. They were much older than before, but they were still the same people deep down. They loved each other as much as they had always done. 

It was also quite nice to be spending time with her niece, Nymphadora. She had been telling Lyra stories about her parents, Andromeda and Ted. Lyra missed those two dearly, but she hadn't been able to afford to go to visit, even if Nymphadora had offered for them all to have dinner. She didn't like leaving home for more than Order meetings, afraid it would be too suspicious. 

But the Order of the Phoenix wasn't all fun and games. Lyra had definitely realized that once she heard that Harry Potter (and his muggle cousin but she didn't really care about that) had been attacked by a Dementor while he was supposed to be under the watchful eye of Mundungus Fletcher. She hadn't ever seen Dumbledore so angry. 

That's when it had been decided that Harry couldn't stay with his aunt and uncle anymore. They needed to have a closer watch on him, even if it could be potentially problematic. After the Dark Lord had returned, they needed him to be safe and distanced from the Wizarding World for the summer so they could get a bit more control over the situation. 

As always, this led to discussions in the Order. For a select group of witches and wizards chosen to try to fight the darkest wizard the world had ever seen, they didn't do much other than argue and spy on people. 

"Harry ought to get here as soon as possible," said Sirius from his seat, having missed his godson. "Tonight. Get him tonight and we don't have to worry about it anymore and then he's here."

"We can't just storm in and grab him without a plan, Sirius," Remus disagreed. They had been talking about how to get him for days already, but they had no definitive plans. "His family is one thing, but the Ministry and the Death Eaters are another."

"We also need to figure out how to get him here," Bill Weasley, the oldest of the Weasley children spoke up from his corner of the room, running his fingers through his long, red hair. "Can't apparate, can he? Not even fifteen yet."

"We can use the Floo network," Molly Weasley suggested hopefully. She could remember teaching him how to travel using their fireplace and with the powder. It couldn't end as badly as last time. "He's used it once before."