19 ~ Change

You groggily opened your eyes. You yawned and looked around seeing that you were still in yoongis hand but everyone else had disappeared. 

You gasped in shock and you scrambled up from your spot. You climbed out of yoongis hand and ran over to his face. You poked his face over and over screaming "yoongs, everyone is gone"

Yoongi groaned and spoke "you're lucky you are the one waking me up y/n" yoongi always hated when the others woke him up, but he had a soft spot for you. He would always wake up whenever you called him without his usual grumpy behavior

Yoongi slowly opened his eyes and they widened when he noticed that the others had disappeared 

"change is inevitable in this world and all others" a cold voice spoke. But unlike the other souls you had heard, this one oddly sounded more wise. It was weird, you never knew that someone could sound wise just by their voice. 

"change is inevitable, so why are you so afraid of it, yoongi" the voice asked out and yoongi stiffened.

Was this...another trial.

"my trail deals with change. You see this scenery that I control is ever changing" the voice spoke and you looked around finally understanding the scenery. The trees that kept loosing their leaves and then growing them back...always changing. 

"well, why do you fear change" the voice asked again.

Yoongi simply sighed. 

"who said I fear change" yoongi grumbled back

"everyone doesn't like change it's only natural" yoongi added and you found yourself agreeing with yoongis words. 

"ah, that is something I can not deny. But you are different, it is not that you dislike the thought of change, it is simply that you fear it" the voice replied back. The voice was definitely the calmest voice you had encountered yet.

No sudden anger, no desire to use violence, just words. 

"you are afraid to leave your friends behind which is only natural. However, you fear it, the change it brings to you" the voice spoke again and yoongi held you gently in his palm. Nothing seemed to be coming to attack you two, no faceless figure to attack.

Just you, yoongi, the soul, and the ever changing trees that surrounded you.

"my trail is not a simple one. I wish to make you understand that change is inevitable and that you should not fear it" the voice spoke

Change, was yoongi actually so afraid of it. 

You of course you agreed with yoongi that it was only natural to dislike change, every human being felt that way at some point. 

"you fear going back to the castle. You fear loosing you friends. You fear losing that small being in your hand" the voice spoke out again and you looked up at yoongi. 

In all you're time you had never seen yoongi look...look so scared. 

You were trying to process what was happening

"you do not want your life to change. You do not want to go back to the castle, you do not wish to go back to the empty ball room where you were placed to guard"

Yoongi was a guard. You honestly would have never though that was his old job seeing how lazy he was. 

"change is inevitable yoongi, the castle will not allow you to go back and you will have to leave the people you hold dear-"

"SHUT UP" you froze. You had never heard yoongi genuinely scream like this. But your heart shattered hearing his next words

"you don't know anything. Yeah, you're right I'm not only scared, I'm absolutely terrified that my life will change. I hate that once we get to that castle that everything will change, that I won't be able to be with the people I hold dear. That I will never be able to see y/n when I wake up again"

Yoongi, yoongi was crying.

You looked up feeling like  your heart was going to break in half. 

Even when you had all thought you were going to say your last goodbye, when the boys had decided to stay with you all that time ago yoongi had never shed a tear. But right now he was crying. He looked scared, vulnerable, and heart broken.

"I...I just don't want things to change" yoongi cried out his voice cracking and you reached out and hugged his finger. He looked down at his hand seeing you cling to his thumb like your life depended on it. 

You could never guarantee things would never change

"I'm sorry yoongi. I honestly can't tell you that things will never change, but there is one thing for sure. No matter what changes I will always care for you"

It was a honest reply. This was all you could give, no matter what happened, no matter what changed you would always care about yoongi and the boys. 

He shouldn't fear everything changing because at least the connection you two held would stay constant. 

"change is inevitable, but some things in life stay constant. You should thank the tiny being, it seems like she just may be a constant in your life"

the voice was calm and suddenly the leaves from the ground began whirling around and surrounded you and yoongi. The leaves covered your eyes and you could not see properly and neither could yoongi considering he screamed "y/n"

Then the leaves cleared. 

You slowly opened your eyes and noticed the boys still sleeping soundly by the bottom of the tree. 

Yoongi still had his eyes closed and he accidentally kicked jimin who was sleeping on the ground right near yoonigs feet 

"OUCH" jimin yelled and everyone jolted awake. 

"huh, did something happen. Yoongi your wrist" namjoon said while sleepily rubbing his eyes. There on yoongis wrist was another bracelet but this time the crystal was clear and has a small leaf inside of it.

"did we miss something-" but before jungkook could finished his sentence you heard the same voice from before

"you are done my trial. I wish you luck in the next one"

Then suddenly everything was dark. 

Completely dark