。.☆.*。family 。.☆.*。

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ━━✫・*。

I lie awake in bed, unable to go sleep. Jungkook's arm is loosely slung over my waist, my back against his chest. It's comfortable, but I just can't sleep. His warm breaths occasionally fanning the back of my neck attempt to soothe me into the land of dreams, but my mind is wide awake. After renewing our contract with BigHit entertainment for another 7 years, I just can't stop thinking about them. About my family.

I knew being an idol would have its misfortunes, but i didn't know that I had to lose my family to keep my career. In this industry, it was probably a luxury for me to be able to see my family once every 2 years. I sometimes never even got that. And yes, I would never blame BigHit- the distance was just too far, them living in England while I stayed in South Korea. The boys were lovely, and made sure I was invited to almost every family gathering they had so I didn't feel alone, but I couldn't help but feel the emptiness of the lack of family.

My mind is coddled with a variety of thoughts that seem to just prolong the constant feeling of sadness within me. I miss my family so much- Mum, Dad, Jack, Hannah. I miss my parents' cooking and my siblings constant bickering. I miss seeing them everyday. I miss being normal.

Desperate to have these overwhelming thoughts leave my mind, I cover my ears with the palms of my hands. It's not working. A thin sheet of moisture begin to glaze over my eyes.

I need air. I need to breathe.

I manage to lift Jungkook's heavy arm off my waist, which is easier said than done. I'm thankful he's a deep sleeper. I silently exit my room, closing the door with little to no noise.

I stand outside my door, staring at the vast corridor. I don't know what to do- I want to cry, want to be cuddled, want to feel loved. I exhale shaky breaths, the sadness overwhelming me.

I can't explain the sense of homesick i'm currently living through, but it feels as though I'll never see my family again. Another 7 years of performing and pretending to be perfectly fine. Another 7 years of feeling so famous yet so alone. Another 7 years of popularity and pain. Another 7 years without them.

I feel a breakdown coming my way, but I don't want to. I don't want to deal with the pain. I don't want to deal with this. So instead, I narrow my eyes on a random frame on the wall and refuse to look away, until the tears melt into nothing but beings that refuse to exist.

Just as I'm about to head back into my room, a head pops out of a door. "Reum?" Jimin asks, squinting his eyes at me in confusion. I don't blame him- it's 2AM and i'm staring at frames outside my bedroom door.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" I apologize to Jimin, and he shakes his head. "I was binge watching Youtube. But enough talking about me, what's up?"

I shake my head a little too quickly, nervous at his question. "Just needed some air." I reply, and Jimin frowns. "I don't know Reum, ever since we renewed the contract you seem a bit on edge. I'm your group member, you can tell me anything."

The sincerity in his voice begs me to wail and weep and release all my hidden pain, and I even feel the unshed tears coat my eyes but I blink them away, refusing to cry. I can't unload my burden onto anyone else, it isn't fair.

Jimin takes my silence as a response, and decides to take matters into his own hands. He leans forward, grabbing my hand to usher me into his room. I follow, too tired and too miserable to protest.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks, and I'm thankful he isn't pushing for an answer. I'm not in the right state of mind to answer. I shake my head and look at the floor. "I just want to sleep." I reply, the soft tone in my voice taking over.

And with that he brings me to his bed and tucks me in, blankets surrounding me. Jimin then slips in next to me, and pulls me to his chest. I'm surrounded by warmth as I take in his scent, his arm around my waist pulling us closer together.

His comforting aura infiltrates my mind as he tucks my head under his chin.

I just can't keep it in anymore.

My walls begin to crumble, and before I know it i'm slowly shedding tears. Jimin doesn't say anything when my chest begins to heave against him, and i'm thankful. He simply pulls me towards him tighter, allowing the feeling of isolation to disappear.

I'm crying into his chest, tears of nostalgia, tears of pain cascading down my cheeks. I don't even know why I'm crying- all I know is that I'm thankful for his comfort.

I cry until I feel as though I have cried it all out, until my eyes are in pain from crying. By then my body is simply limp from exhaustion, so I'm glad to have Jimin's secure arms embracing me. He never once let go.

The palm of his hand rubs against the centre of my back in a circular motion, soothing me to sleep. It takes a while for my sobs to go down, but by the time they disappear, all that can be heard are the occasional sniffles that are swallowed up by Jimin's chest.

Eventually I fall asleep in his arms, drifting to sleep while he rocks me back and forth, not allowing the atmosphere of comfort and love and family to disappear.

(A/N)
  ♛
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ━━✫・*。
⊂   ノ    ・゜+.
しーーJ   °。+ *'¨)
i'm so sorry guys i'm just in my feels rn.. last day of high school tomorrow and ugh i'm
just sad:( but pls remember i love u guys, and my dms are always open :)

 last day of high school tomorrow and ugh i'mjust sad:( but pls remember i love u guys, and my dms are always open :)