。.☆.*。hate 。.☆.*。

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ━━✫・*。

I'm in my room, watching a random series I've found on Netflix. Yoongi and Namjoon are at their studios, Hobi and Jimin have gone to the park, Tae is with his Wooga squad and I'm not really sure where Jungkook's gone.

I'm curious and also bored, so I shuffle out of bed and find my slippers to search for Jungkook. I knock on his door, and it's silent for a good 10 seconds before he responds. "Who is it?" He asks from behind the door and I reply with "Me." Hopefully he knows who 'me' is.

He thankfully recognizes my voice and allows me to come in. I enter his room, and raise my eyebrows in surprise when I notice he's slipping on a jacket, ready to head out. "Oppa, where are you going?" I ask him while he grabs a pair of black boots.

"Erm, I'm going to BigHit to get my hair cut." He simply says, placing a bucket hat on top of his head. His long locks that reach to the bottom of his ears are now concealed from view.

"Wait, what?" I blurt out, not expecting that answer. My mind reels in a mixture of shock and confusion- he loved growing out his hair and told everyone he isn't going to cut it just a couple of days ago, despite their constant teasing. So why does he want to get it cut now?

"I don't know, I-I just want a change." Jungkook explains, but I've known him for far too long to fall for his lies. He's nervously scratching the back of his neck, and his eyes are trained on the floor. I go to sit on his bed, and softly take my hand into his to stop him from leaving. "You love your long hair, don't tell me you want a change so suddenly. What's really going on?" I ask him, but I almost don't want to hear an answer. I feel like I know where this is going.

Jungkook finally looks me in the eye, and I stare him down until he finally gives up, sighing and falling back onto the bed like a damsel in distress. I join him, and soon we're both just lying on our backs, staring at the ceiling.

"When we came back from our trip and we were at the airport, I heard them all. I heard ARMY." He elaborates, still locking eyes with the plastic stars on his ceiling. Ah, so I was right. This is about the airport incident.

"Even though we go through really fast I still heard them, shouting at me to cut my hair and remove my tattoos." At the mention of his tattoos, I caress his hand, feeling the invisible texture of the ink. I don't agree with what he's saying, but Jungkook tends to keep all his emotions in so when he finally finds the courage to speak about himself, I can't bring myself to stop him in the middle of his verbal breakdown.

"Reum, I feel like I ruin Bangtan." As soon as I hear him say this, I forget about my so called morals and sit up and pull him with me, staring into his brown orbs. He doesn't stop speaking. "I don't know if they're fans or not, but they really were just speaking the truth. I've made all these scandals for us, bringing BigHit into such awful situations. The whole tattoo thing, I basically ruined my own friend's career." While Jungkook speaks, I finally see the sadness that he tends to conceal etched upon his face. And I don't want it to be a permanent thing.

I cross my legs on the bed, so our bodies are directly facing each other. Taking both of his large hands into my small ones, I begin to speak. "Kookie, you didn't ruin her career. You didn't mean for all of it to blow up, and it certainly wasn't your fault with what happened with her. We all heard you arguing with PD-nim about his decision regarding the whole thing, and you certainly tried your best." I try to reason with him, but he shakes his head in denial.

"I not only ruined her career, but i embarrassed ARMY's. Their idol, the one they look up to getting into such a scandal- It's so shameful. They give all their love to me and all I do is hurl nothing but embarrassment back. In the airport, I could hear everyone telling me to 'remove my tattoos' and 'cut my hair' and 'leave bangtan'. The least I can do is cut my hair." He says, and I feel like crying when I notice the thin layer of water covering his eyes.