Chapter 12

Sorry for being gone for 50,000,000,000 years, a lot has happened and with what's going on recently, it's not helping. But hey I'm back and ready to give you guys what you want.

3rd POV

Rosswiesse just finished informing everyone of (Y/N)'s punishment, and as you would expect, nobody was happy.

Issei: That's bullshit! He shouldn't be getting punished for that, he did nothing wrong!

Rosswiesse: You're not wrong, but it's almost impossible to change Odin's mind when he makes a Decision. All we can do is wait for his release.

Issei: Isn't there anything we can do.

Kiba: I doubt it. With (Y/N) being in Hel, we have no way to get there, and even if we did we would never survive the cold.

Rosswiesse: Right, not even Odin could survive in Helheim without preparation.

Rias: What about Freyja, what is she doing about all this?

Rosswiesse: She's gone missing. Not long after (Y/N) was sent to Hel, she left and no one can find her.

Koneko: But (Y/N) is safe right, please tell me he'll be safe there.

Everyone could see tears in Rosswiesse's eyes, they could also see that she was extremely worried.

Rosswiesse: With the equipment, he was given and his power and skill, the environment, and any enemies down there won't be able to harm him, but his mind is a different story.

Koneko: W-what do you mean by that.

Rosswiesse: Helheim tortures those within, living or dead. It does this by forcing you to relive painful memories, and I know exactly what he is likely going to see.

Kuroka: What is he going to see?

Rosswiesse: A memory that he buried deep within himself to keep himself from breaking down, a memory that even after all these years, he's never gotten over....the death of his mother.

Large Time skip Helheim

At the entrance to Hel, a cloaked figure, with a hood covering their head and shadowing their face, stood looking around the area.

???: Finally, I was able to get into Hel, getting past Heimdall is almost impossible with his enhanced senses, but I was able to do it. Now all I need to is to find (Y/N) and get out of here.

They began walking, traversing the frozen wasteland searching for (Y/N), but with the vast size of Hel, this may take much longer than they originally anticipated. Luckily, due to the differences in the flow of time in Hel, not much time will actually pass in Midgard and Asgard.

Hours pass, then days, and finally, they found (Y/N), in the worse part of this realm of course, but something's wrong. (Y/N)'s eyes had a dead look in them, and he was sitting, looking off into the endless sea of ice as his body was motionless. The figure went down next to (Y/N), not realizing his current state. When they got down there they removed their hood revealing Freyja.

Freyja: (Y/N), I'm so glad I finally found you! Look I have something for you.

She used her magic to open a pocket dimension and reached her hand in. When she took her hand out, she is holding a glowing blue stone.

Freyja: This stone can help you escape, it will give you all the powers you can dream of.

(Y/N) didn't respond, he just kept staring in one direction. If it wasn't for the fact that she could see him breathing, she would have thought he was dead.

Freyja: (Y/N) What's wrong, what happened?

It was then where she head a voice. She turned to find an adult woman a little boy, probably around five years old. After a second she could tell that the boy was (Y/N) due to not only their similarities but also because they're in Helheim, and these are not her memories. With this, she concluded what she was seeing and realized why he was acting like he is. (Y/N) struggles to let go of the past so he chose to try and lock certain memories away. Sad, embarrassing, angry depressed, if a memory that originally caused these types of emotion resurfaces, he feels the exact same emotion he felt at that time, no matter how long ago it was. He goes through this on a daily basis but is usually able to hide it when around others and very few know about it. But this memory is something he's only told Rosswiesse and Freyja.

Little (Y/N): Mom, can I go to a friend's house tomorrow, please?

(Y/N)'s Mom: Sure you can, just be sure to be back before dark. Ok?

Little (Y/N): Thanks Mom!

Suddenly they both turned and looked in the same direction, likely towards a door. Then an angry voice could be heard.

???: Hey! I know you're in there you bitch, open the door!

That was (Y/N)'s stepfather. You see, after (Y/N)'s Father passed, his mom remarried a few years later, but had chosen the wrong man. He was both physically and emotionally abusive to both of them and knew just what to do and say to get a reaction. It was worse when he lost his job for sexual harassment, he just stayed at home and drank all day. (Y/N)'s mom had to work hard to pay the bills and put food on the table. One day though she woke (Y/N) up in the middle of the night and said they were leaving, she had apparently been saving up for it. They went from city to city, hotel to hotel, till they finally found a house somewhere free of that man. But it seems that he had somehow found them.

(Y/N)'s Mom: (Y/N), I want you to go to your room and hide.

Little (Y/N): But-

Bastard: I SAID OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR!

(Y/N)'s Mom: GO!

The perspective then changed to (Y/N) sitting in a room covering his ears. There was a faint sound of yelling, but what could clearly be heard is what (Y/N) kept repeating over and over.

Little (Y/N): Please leave, please leave, please leave, go away, go away, GO AWAY!

Then he could hear his mother scream and a loud bang. Then silence. He stayed put for a little while, then he walked out of his room to go check on his mother. When he got there, his mother laid on the ground motionless in a puddle of blood, with the man nowhere to be found. (Y/N) kneeled down next to her and tried to move her body.

Little (Y/N): Mom, please say something, this isn't funny. Mom, please say something, please don't leave me. Mom.....

(Y/N) sat there crying and then they faded away. That was the memory he is forced to relive over, and over, and over again.