Chapter 26

"Please do not be a 9. Please do not be a 9," I pleaded, shaking the dice in my hands and eyeing the hotel on the property.

"Please be a 9! Please be a 9!" May chanted, watching me intently.

"Please don't be a 9. I swear, do not be a 9," Maxon said.

"Max!" May yelled. "Whose side are you on?"

"America is scary when she's angry," Maxon shrugged, unapologetic.

"Does she get angry when she loses?" May taunted.

"I don't know. She never loses," Maxon said.

"And I'm not gonna start now," I said, flicking my wrist and sending the dice rolling across the board. I held my breath as the dice rolled and tipped before finally settling on 8.

"Yes!" I screamed, grabbing Maxon's face and kissing him. There was a loud ew from Gerad. I pulled away smiling wide. "I love monopoly!"

"Kenna and I both still have more money then you," He reminded me.

"Not for long! I'm playing to win!" I yelled and moved my piece around the board. I smiled at the hotel on the square in front of me. Not today, May, not today.

"I needed that money to get ahead," May pouted.

"Don't worry, May. We can get Maxon to land on that square," I assured her.

"Ames!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry, but this game is everyone for themselves," I grinned. I leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

He shook his head, grabbing the dice and throwing them back down. He rolled an eleven and moved accordingly.

"Your the richest, so your the enemy," I shrugged.

"He won't be for long," Kenna quipped. "That's my space, pay up Max."

"Doesn't even make a dent, Ken," Maxon taunted, handing her a few bills.

"Slowly closing the distance," She replied, counting the bills and handing them to James, who sorted them into piles next to him.

"Be nice kids," Magda warned, taking her turn. "I think that's your property, America. How much do I owe you?"

"Your not supposed to remind her, Maggie. If she would have forgotten, you wouldn't have had to pay her," Shalom told Magda.

"But that's dishonest. And she's the princess, I don't think were supposed to lie to her," Magda said.

"It's a capital offense," I nodded solemnly. We locked eyes and I broke out smiling.

She laughed. "How much?"

"100."

Magda frowned down at her funds. "That'll bankrupt us, Shalom."

Maxon turned to Kenna and they high-fived.

"Well maybe I could reduce the price because you were honest—."

"No America! That's how you win. They have to go bankrupt," Maxon explained.

"But—."

"Thank you America, but it's fine," Magda cut in. "You can stop being a princess for a few minutes, it's just monopoly. Shalom and I are used to to loosing anyways. Kenna and Maxon are relentless."

"I win too sometimes!" May yelled.

"Of course honey," Magda said, patting Mays arm reassuringly.

Shalom helped Magda get to her feet and they sat on the edge of my bed to watch.

"I'm bored. Can we turn on a movie?" Gerad asked, throwing his money and properties next to him.