Chapter seven: Snowy start

Sorry for the long wait on this book, but here's an update. you can read my one - shot book if you want too. If any thing is in ( ) I'll be telling you about something. Olivia and Livvy are the same person and ave is short for Avery by the way. The picture is just of the sky I took a couple days ago, cause I thought it was pretty. This is a long one get buckled up for the ride ahead. enjoy!! 👍👋

Avery's POV

My little brother Luke is 18 days old now. He's a pretty happy baby, with the occasional crying fit here and there. He smiles a lot and laughs a cute little laugh sometimes. I love my little baby brother Luke, so much. I lose my train of thought once my mom screams for me.

"Avery breakfast is ready!" I quickly, get an old blue and green plaid shirt and some gray leggings on. I slip my mom's old blue bracelet and Erica's old colorful beaded bracelet on and place them both my on my left wrist, to cover my number 011.5 tattoo from the lab. (I thought you should now more about when she was at the Hawkins lab) Then I proceed to walk out of my room and go to the kitchen table for breakfast. My mom's hair is in a high ponytail and she's wearing a wrinkled red long sleeve shirt, some black pants and a hot pink apron.

"Good morning" I say to my mom with a little smile. Then She sends a warm smile back right to me.

"Good morning, I made scrambled eggs and buttered toast, is that ok?" My mom asks me kindly.

"Ya sounds good" I say back to my mom and she walks over with a plate, that has eggs with ketchup and salt & pepper, plus one piece of buttered toast.

"Ok, I'm going to check on your brother" my mom says, I nod as she unties the apron string on her waist and slips her head out the other string. She sets the apron on a hook in the pantry and a second later she vanished down the short hallway.

I start eating my eggs and start thinking about tonight. Tonight, on Friday December 16, 2005 is the annual snowball dance at Hawkins middle and I get to go with jack Sinclair, it'll be great, at least I hope it will.

"Morning Avery" my dad says walking out of my parents room, wearing a gray shirt and some black pants.

"Morning" I say, getting up to put my dish in the sink.

"Almost ready for school?" my dad asks me. He drives me to school every morning and he even got a science teacher position, because the science there Mr.Clark is getting older, so my dad works in the afternoons for the last half of the school day, so Mr.Clark can go home and get some rest. At first my dad started working there to make sure that I'm safe from Hawkins lab, but know he really enjoys it, because ever since he was a he was a kid he's had a love for science and as a added bonus he gets to see and work with his favorite teacher from when he was a kid. My dad tells me story's about him sometimes. I have science class in 6th period so my dad's my teacher, I have a love/hate relationship with that part of it. But, I love science so it's not to bad.

"Ya, just got to brush my teeth, and do my hair and say bye to mom and Luke" I reply and walk over to the bath room, after I brush my frizzy dark chocolate curls, I pull my blond wavy wig on and I tuck in any loose strands, I quietly brush my teeth and exit the bathroom. I then run down the hall to Luke's room. My mom is standing next to the light blue crib, singing a lullaby quietly, as she was lightly rocking little Luke in her arms.

"Bye mom, bye Luke" I whisper, while walking over to them and quickly give them both a hug.

"Bye sweetheart have fun at school and then I'll help you get ready for the snowball" my mom says,smiling and briefly kisses my head.

"Say, bye Avery" my mom says, in a baby voice, looking down at her little son, he just smiles. He can't talk at all yet. He's still to little. He's only a little over 2 weeks old, so he's still just a little baby.