Chapter eight: my new life

Hey, sorry it took me so long to update this story, but now here's an update, so no more waiting will be needed. This was originally going to be the last chapter, but I made it into two. So that should be out soon as well. Ok, Enjoy.😊

About One month later

Avery's POV

I wake up to the sound of laughter. Once I get dressed in my favorite electric blue long sleeve romper, I walk into the kitchen to see my mom covered in a cloud of flour and my dad laughing while pressing a kiss on her lips. She's smiling just as big as his he is. They look so happy like their everything each other needs and I thinks that's 100% true.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask and can't help but laugh.

"Oh, morning Avery. We're making some cupcakes for gramma Joyce's birthday party tonight, wanna help?" My mom says dusting her self off. ( I know this probably isn't when Joyces birthday is so let's just pretend it is.) I'm so excited for tonight, I finally get to meet my parent's best friends, who they always talk about and since Jack is apparently My mom's best friends son he gets to come too. Isn't that great!!! Plus I get to meet some more of my family too.

"That depends, what kind are they?" I ask, smiling at my parents.

Over the last couple of months I've learned to really like anything vanilla flavored, but vanilla frosting's my favorite.

"Dustin's, red velvet, vanilla and lemon." my dad replies, holding up a clip board that has a check list that reads:

party food:
cupcakes: Dustin's, red velvet, vanilla and lemon/
sandwiches: ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly and grilled cheese/
drinks: lemonade, fruit punch and beer or whiskey (hopper)

"Why are you making so many different things and what's Dustin's mean?" I ask out of curiosity, walking over to the sink to pour my self a glass of water.

"Well, you and I like vanilla cupcakes and ham and cheese, Joyce likes grilled cheese and red velvet and I thought since it'll be the first time we've seen our friends in a really long time, that I'd make Dustin's favorite chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips and I infuse them with chocolate pudding. I call it double chip chocolate pudding cupcakes." my mom says, stating the super long cupcake name. Her whole face lights up when she mentions seeing her friends again.

"Wow, that's a lot of chocolate." I say and start coughing because my dad dropped the flour again resulting in another cloud of flour right in front of my face.

"Sorry, maybe I should leave the kitchen and just go check on Luke." My dad says, fanning the air in front of him.

"Ya, just go check on our little baby boy." my mom says. Then she walks froward, quickly giving my dad a hug and kiss on the cheek, before he walks down the hall to my little brothers room.

"Ok, now that your dads out of our hair, let's get working." my mom say as she sweeps the flour up.

"What do we make first?" I ask and look over at my mother.

"How bout we make vanilla, because that's my baby girl's favorite." my mom says smiling over at me. She hands me a big blue bowl and wooden mixing spoon. I set them both down on the counter.

"Ok." I say, excitedly. I've never baked before. This should be fun.

"Alright, why don't you get your blue apron on and then come back over here to help me put the right amount of flour in the bowl. but please for the love of god, don't make a mess like your dad did." my mom says as I walk over to the pantry and grab the blue apron we bought together last month, when we went on a girls day at sunset mall, which my mom said use to be called star court mall back when she was my age.