The Question Is How Much More?

The next morning Yoongi is seated at the breakfast table, fully dressed but without his jacket, eating breakfast. 

Jimin eventually awakens and walks into the living room, white robe wrapped around him. "What are you thinking about sitting here all by yourself?" He locates the newspaper on the dining table and picks it up to skim through the news. 

"The fact that this will be our last night together, and you'll finally be rid of me."

Jimin freezes his movements for a moment, but plays it off, hoping Yoongi didn't notice. "Well, you've been pretty tough to take." He sits down on a chair.

"My business is almost over, so I'll be going back to Daegu." He watches Jimin for a reaction, and notices that he looks very pensive. "I'd really like to see you again?"

Jimin smiles, feeling his heart skip a beat but ignores it. "You would?"

"Yes. Yes, I would, so I've arranged for you to have an apartment, to have a car..." Jimin's smiling face saddens a bit, but Yoongi carries on talking. "...to have a wide variety of stores guaranteed to suck up to you anytime you want to go shopping. Everything's done."

Jimin takes his head in his hand and bends down on the table. He exhales. "What else? You gonna leave some money by the bed when you pass through town?"

Yoongi frowns. "Jimin, it really wouldn't be like that."

"How would it be?"

"Well, for one thing, it would get you off the streets."

"That's just geography." Jimin stands up and walks out onto the terrace.

Yoongi stays seated at the breakfast table for a moment, watching as Jimin walks away, before standing up and slowly heading out the patio doors.

Jimin leans against the balustrade looking down at the trees.

Yoongi stands by the terrace door, not wanting to step out any further because of the height. "What do you see happening between us?"

"I don't know." Jimin sighs, keeping his eyes trained onto the view. "When I was a little boy, my mama used to lock me in the attic when I was bad, which was pretty often. And I would... I would pretend I was a prince... trapped in a tower by a wicked queen." 

Yoongi is seriously listening to Jimin.

"And then suddenly this knight on a white horse with these colours flying would come charging up and draw his sword. And I would wave. And he would climb up the tower and rescue me." Jimin walks away from the balustrade and toward Yoongi. "But never in all the time... that I had this dream did the knight say to me, 'Come on, baby, I'll put you up in a great condo'."

The phone rings inside the penthouse and after a couple of seconds Yoongi turns to walk back inside and picks up the phone. "Yes?"

Jimin starts walking into the room, faintly hearing Panyong's voice through the phone.

"I had to call." Panyong is wearing a dark-coloured robe and is standing near the sink in his bathroom. "I just got off the phone with Jae Morse. Get this."

Jimin now stands near the terrace door, and is watching with a sad look on his face.

"He wants to meet with you today." Panyong continues speaking.

"What about?"

"He wouldn't say." Panyong balances the phone between his ear and shoulder, drying his hands on a white towel. "Yoongi, I think we got him. His nuts are on the block. We got him!" He slams his towel on the counter, laughing. "Look, if he's really caving in, I want to get him to commit his stocks to us this afternoon. Hmm?"