[ two lies and a truth ]

"You want to come to my school?"

"Yes."

"You do realize that it is already the end of the first semester, correct?"

"I realize that, yes."

"So you're aware of how... unusual it is to enter so late, Miss (l/n). Especially when you have no records of training at an academy before now."

"My father is.. overprotective I guess you could say. He didn't want me coming here due to the dangers of the job, so he prevented me from taking the entrance exam. It took awhile to find a way to come all the way here."

"I see... Well then, I guess it's time to get you ready for the entrance exam isn't it?"

"... Thank you, Professor Ozpin."

"Don't thank me yet Miss (l/n)."

I finally snapped out of my dazed state to see that I had reached the front of the school with multiple bags in hand. Professor Goodwitch approached me with a stern expression, gesturing to follow her which I did with minor hesitation.

Soon enough, we reached a wooden door in a hallway of other symmetrical ones lining the halls. A keycard was then placed into my hand before Goodwitch began speaking to me.

"This is your keycard for your dormitory, If you would like you can also set it so that you can connect the keycard to your scroll. You will have a room by yourself and additionally, will be your own team since everyone else has already been placed into teams. However, for group activities you will be paired with Team RWBY, whose dorm is right next door. Ozpin has already informed them of this, and I suggest that you become friendly with them as you will be doing team activities with them for the rest of your time here. Good luck Miss (l/n)." Once Goodwitch was finished with speaking, she turned on her heel and walked in the opposite direction, presumably to her classroom.

After dropping my bags on the floor of my bland room, I pulled out my scroll and checked for the time. Seeing as it was mid-afternoon, everyone else would be in classes for a bit longer, meaning I had time to decorate before having to meet my.. teammates?

They weren't technically my teammates but they were the closest thing I'd have to a team at Beacon so I guess I could call them that.

The following hour was then spent pushing two of the four beds together for me to sleep on and setting up the other two beds as couches before filling the dorm with my belongings to make it feel more... homey. By the time I finished I was pretty happy with the result as well.

     On one wall was a shelf where all my books were kept, along with the dressers filled with clothing, wigs and colored contact lenses. My sword I decided I would use for Anti-Hero work was hung up on a wall above one of  the 'couches' as a decoration as well.

     "Yang! We're supposed to greet the new girl together and we can't do that if you're so far ahead of us all!"

"Sorry Ruby, not my fault you guys are slow walkers."

"Stop being so loud you two! Some people might be studying!"

"Weiss you're yelling too..."

I took that as my cue to open the door and see what all their yelling was about, and the second I did they all went quiet. "Um, may I help you?"

This caused the four girls to come to their senses and the one with short black and red hair introduced herself first.

"Hi! I'm Ruby, and these are my teammates! Weiss, Blake and Yang! You must be the new girl right?" I internally winced at her eagerness.

"Uh, yeah. I'm (y/n). Nice to meet you." I didn't even attempt to hide the lack of interest in my tone, causing the once eager girl to awkwardly step backward.

"Uhh, anyways! It was nice to meet you too (y/n)! We'll see you around, 'kay?" The blonde, whose name is apparently Yang, covered up for Ruby's lack of social skills. I nodded at this, giving the group the perfect window of opportunity to slip into their own dorm next door.

     Hm.. after thinking about it, Ruby and Blake seemed.. familiar. "Eh, it's probably nothing." I thought aloud to myself.

Now I just had to hope they weren't the type to party late at night...