[ paths cross ]

The next day, after Professor Port's class I headed straight to my dorm and stood against the wall connecting my dorm to Team RWBY's. With their loud voices it wasn't exactly difficult to eavesdrop on their plans.

     "Right! Everyone remember their roles?"

     "You and I will head go the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies, or inconsistencies."

     "The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning."

     "I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard."

     "Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we've found. Let's do this!" I silently chuckled at Ruby's enthusiasm before hearing a male voice come from outside and immediately walked over and opened my window.

     As I peered out, my gaze fell upon the blonde monkey faunus from the library, Sun if I remember correctly. What I didn't expect to see was... Neptune? standing on a ledge fearing for his life. After noticing him, I quickly closed the window and made my way back to the wall, not even wanting to question why he was there and instead decided to start listening back in at the perfect time.

     "So... are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?"

     "We, are going to investigate the situation. As a team."

    'Ouch, I'm almost offended. I mean technically I'm not on their team but still... ouch'

     "Sorry Sun, we don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to."

     "Pfft, that's dumb. You should always get friends involved, that's why I brought Neptune."

     "Wow I actually got his name right, that's surprising." I whispered to myself before shaking my head and pressing my ear back against the wall.

     "All right, I'll go with Weiss. Sun, you can go with Blake. And Neptune, you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner. Everyone good?"

     At this point I figured I had all the information I needed and decided to change into dark purple and black outfit with golden accents, along with a wig and contact lenses to change my appearance so I would be less recognizable. Lastly, I added a mask which matched my outfit and covered the top half of my face— with holes for the eyes, to add to my anonymity. When I was finally ready, I stopped time and looked outside my window to see the different groups had been about to leave. The group that I would get the most information out of would be Blake and Sun, so I decided on following them but hiding out outside of the meeting instead of attending.

Time Skip

     At last, the meeting had started and I was in position, ready to make an escape at a moment's notice. I didn't listen too closely to the Lieutenant as his introduction was boring and more to build up the crowd's excitement than anything. The moment I began tuning in was the second I heard the familiar voice of my dear 'ole dad.

     "Thank you, thank you! Please, hold your applause."

     "What's a human doing here?!"

     "I'm glad you asked, dearie. Now I'll be the first to admit, humans are the worst. Case in point. So, I understand why you would love to see us all locked away, or better yet: killed! But, before the claws come out I would like to mention the fact that you and I all have a common enemy. The ones in control, the people pulling the strings, the dirty rotten humans that run our kingdoms. Government. Military. Even the schools, they're all to blame for your lot in life.

     "And they're all pests that need to be dealt with. Fortunately, I'm the best exterminator around. No offense to any rodents in the room." After the... agonizingly long introduction my father finally got to the reveal. On of the multiple Atlesian Paladins that I stole before leaving for Beacon Academy. I had to say, having a time manipulation semblance was highly useful in heists.

"Now, many of your brothers have already moved down to our new operation in the south east. If you'd rather stay within the city, that's fine. But if you're truly ready to fight for what you believe in, this is the arsenal I can provide you. Any questions?"

As a section of the crowd began moving towards the stage, I knew chaos would begin soon and decided to stand as close to the wall as possible to avoid being seen by anyone who happened to... jump through it.

Just as I finished my thought, Blake and Sun came crashing through the glass and I slowed down time to chase after them from the sidelines, staying out of the line of chaos and in the shadows as we went. Before I knew it, Yang and Neptune had joined in and I was dodging vehicles left and right... not that it was too hard when everything is slowed down by 25%. The fighting itself was highly entertaining at that speed though, since they were all moving comically slow in my point of view.

As Team RWBY dropped down to their leader below the bridge while I stayed atop it, I stopped using my semblance and decided to use my scroll's camera to get a closer look at the battle happening below me. Sadly, the entire paladin fell apart after a final hit from Yang, which irritated me knowing how difficult it was to keep time stopped for long enough to get all the paladins out of the warehouse a few weeks ago.

As a bullet from Yang's gaunlet was about to hit my dad, Neo dropped in and blocked it.

"Ladies. Ice Queen."

"Hey!"

"Always a pleasure. Neo, if you would."

At this point, I knew that the two were already gone and standing there was just the "illusion" of them left by Neo. I decided then to make my entrance, dropping down from the bridge and quite literally shattering the illusion with my sword before rolling on the ground and standing, not having the energy to use my time manipulation to slow my fall.

My sudden appearance took the team off guard as they got back into fighting stances and I sheathed my sword, as if to show that I wan't going to fight them.

"Who are you? Are you with Torchwick?" Ruby spoke up, a glare of determination in her silver eyes that were even more prominent under the moonlight.

"Who I am is irrelevant. I do know Roman Torchwick, but I wouldn't say I'm with him. Now would you please put your weapons down, I have no ill intent towards Team RWBY."

"Wait, you know us?!"

"Good job stating the obvious, Weiss Schnee. And here I thought you were one of the more intelligent huntresses in training."

"Hmph!"

"Hehehe, you gotta admit Weiss she got you pretty good!"

"Oh shut up Yang!"

"Anyways, I came here to warn you. What you are seeking is not for the weak and if you have any doubts in your abilities then you do not stand a chance in this battle. I've seen who you're dealing with up close. They are not to be messed with and if you aren't strong enough to handle it, I have no doubt in my mind you will die. And lastly. Outside of your own team, trust no one. Not even your closest friends. Believe me, you will regret it if you do." and with those words, I disappeared from their sight.