𝟒| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤

"Morning Briar! Wow! Did I ever tell you how pretty you are wearing our school's uniform?"

"Oh my gosh! Who the heck?! Ta-Taehyung??!" I swear my heart jumps out of my chest! I hit the guy responsible after recognizing who he is but sadly I miss, he anticipated it.

I'm closing the gate of our house when he jumps out of nowhere.

"It's so early in the morning Tae! Why are you even here? Your class starts at noon, shouldn't you still be asleep?"

If I were him and my classes starts late, I'd be snoring. It's quite unusual for me seeing him this time of the day, but more surprising than that, what is he doing in front of our house?

"Oh- I meant to give you this, I was supposed to give this to you yesterday since it was the first day of school, but sadly, I wasn't early enough, so I made sure to get up really early today!" he said with a big smile, while he handed me the notebook.

"Tae, I--" I look at the notebook then him then on the notebook again, wide eyes.

Wait? did he just say he woke up early yesterday and today, and be here at dawn, to give this to me?

"You said your favorite color is blue right? You didn't really specify what kind of blue, so I kinda chose a cover that pretty much have all shades of it."

Okay! Time out! My heart is about to explode, why are you being so cute and shy, scratching the back of your neck like that? I mean what gives?!

"Tae, Thank you" and I'm sorry thats all I can say.

I honestly don't know how to respond in situation like this. Is this normal? Do friends really go out of their way to give gifts as early as 5:30 in the morning?

"Oh and now that I'm here, let me walk you to the main road."

My hearts beating so fast, I can't utter a word while walking beside him. When we reach the main road, he ask,

"Did you like it?"

"Of course Tae! I love it" I said, as I pulled the notebook to my chest.

"Good, then meet me again tomorrow? If you're really thankful for the notebook"