𝟓| 𝐓𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 '𝐘𝐄𝐒'

Its the first day of the month, and it's a good thing it falls on a weekend

Its the first day of the month, and it's a good thing it falls on a weekend. We have the whole day for ourselves, it's a plus that the weather is sunny too.

I said yes to Taehyung's invite to go somewhere with him, and honestly I'm glad that I did.

So far so good, we went to the mall, ate lunch in a simple by the water restaurant and now we're here, at Manila Bay.

Yeah, after that conversation with Bo Gum, its good to breathe some fresh air.

"You're going straight to University after high school, right Briar?" he ask, while we're strolling down the pathway

"Yeah, that's the plan." I answer him.

"So what course are you planning to take?" he curiously ask.

"Hmmn- I actually wanna take culinary arts, or teaching, either or."

"Only two options?"

"Well you see, my mom side are people who are good at cooking, and I have this interest in learning how to bake. And as for my dad side, most of my relatives there are teachers, one that I know majored Filipino and the other, Math. So ever since, I only have two options." we both laugh at my unique explanation.

"Are you sure they're not just forcing those courses to you?" he ask again, still laughing.

"Oh no! If anything, my dad actually wants me to be a nurse. Apparently its the high paying job where he lives, and once he sponsored me..." I stop mid sentence and mid track, and Taehyung must have notice it as I was no longer walking beside him.

He look back and say, "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up your dad."

I think Taehyung knows about my family background even before we meet, our neighbourhood is tight knit like that. Besides, what's the use of hiding it, he is part of my small circle of friends. All of them knows too, that my dad, now in Canada will soon sponsor us to live with him, maybe me first, then my brother until my little sis.

"Don't be sorry, anyways... yeah so, I can't become a nurse because I'm afraid of blood and syringes. Isn't it funny?" I said, faking a laugh near the end.