1

Staying up late was rather normal for the couple, due to dedication towards work. But then being unable to sleep added to the staying up late factors in their lives. Coaxing the other to sleep with warm hugs, gentle humming, and quiet bickering until sleep finally grabbed one of them or both. Most of the time, they'd be tangled together in the morning. Arms wrapped tightly and loosely around, clothing rumbled and twisted around, and blankets half covering themselves. Sometimes Ethan would have his head resting on Norman's chest, or Norman would have his head tucked into Ethan's neck; it depends on who falls asleep first.

Waking up in time to get ready for work and maybe eat breakfast was a painful part of their days. They'd wake up early, to the loud alarm sound. One of them would desperately try to reach an arm out to smack the source away. Neither wanted to tear apart from the warm embrace of the other, or the bed for that matter. For a few minutes, they'd lay in bed, soaking in the last moments together and needing to get up. Norman was always the first out of bed, a quick peck on the cheek as a 'good morning', making sure to keep the blankets on top of Ethan. He'd get dressed, yawning as he did so.

Ethan would eventually sit up, watching the other for a moment before getting out of bed as well, wrapping his arms around Norman as he tied his tie, kissing the back of his neck before walking downstairs. He'd make breakfast, one that could easily be brought to work or on the drive to work. Norman would finish getting ready in the morning and would, as long as he could, wrap his arms around Ethan's waist and watch him cook, chin on the other's shoulder.

Not many words would be spoken throughout the morning until Norman had to leave, both murmuring a "have a good day" and a soft "I love you" following it. The rest of the day would be spent waking up and counting down the time till they an see each other again.