~5~

(AU where Norman retired to live with his family-)

Norman looked up when he heard the front door open, bookmarking his page before setting the book aside. Grocery bags were set on the countertop nearby, the architect's back to the retired agent. His turned in his seat, unashamedly checking his partner out. However he didn't stare for long, standing from his chair to greet his lover with a playful squeeze to his rear end. The other man jumped slightly at that, elbowing Norman with a playful huff.

"Nice to see you too, babe," Ethan mumbled, starting to sort through the bags. Norman rested his head on the shorter's shoulder and watched him, humming softly. "How was your day? Did you miss me?" The man teased, tilting his head to look at the ex-agent. Norman snorted, closing his eyes for a second. He wouldn't admit that he did miss his husband quite a lot that day. Between work and errands needed to be finished, Ethan had been out for a while.

"It was fine, and I did miss you. Whatcha gonna do 'bout it?" The ex-agent murmured, opening his eyes again. He kissed the back of Ethan's neck, wrapping his arms around his waist loosely. His husband laughed softly at the answer, leaning back into the embrace. "How was your day? Did errands go well?" He asked, an underlying worry behind the question. He hated the thought of Ethan in a crowd without someone to keep him grounded.

"Everything went well, Norm." Ethan reassured, pausing for a moment after he spoke. "I saw Lieutenant Blake at the store, but nothing else exciting happened." He added, shrugging his free shoulder slightly. Norman frowned, tightening his arms around the other. He didn't exactly have a good relationship with the lieutenant, given that he had attacked his husband without reason or even need. Along with other reasons that didn't need to be thought about.
Norman wrapped his arms tighter around his husband, protectively. Ethan raised a brow at the reaction, looking back at the ex-agent.

"Not fond of that guy," he mumbled, a weak explanation for his reaction. "He's an asshole." Ethan chuckled quietly at that, shaking his head in amusement. The ex-agent didn't say anything further, slightly loosening his arms around the other. When it came to Ethan and Shaun, Norman found he was protective. With past boyfriends, the ex-agent wasn't as protective. It probably had to due with what the father and son had gone through.

"He didn't say shit to me, if that's what you're worried about." Ethan murmured, resting a hand ontop of the ex-agent's. "I doubt he'd even try to talk to me anyway." He added, turning around to face his husband, kissing his cheek softly. Norman half smiled, tugging Ethan closer to himself. "Y'know, you're cute when you're protective like this." The architect murmured with a smile, winking slightly. Norman felt his face heat up a bit, tilting his head.

"Just like I'm hot when I'm mad and just got back from a fight?" He teased in return, smirking a bit. Ethan's face went bright red, ducking his face into the crook of his husband's neck. Norman laughed quietly and kissed the side of the other's head, finding a flustered Ethan to be an adorable sort of reaction. "Aw, doll, am I making ya blush?" A quiet 'shut up' was mumbled out, muffled and quiet. But Norman could hear the loving tone that it was said with. The architect recovered himself and pulled back, pressing a small kiss on the ex-agent's lips, a silent 'I love you'.
The retired agent gave a small kiss in return, a silent 'I love you too'.