4

(Me, writing slightly steamy content to make it into angst? Hell yeah.)
(This is the third time I've rewritten this bc I'm so tired- )
(Also I have nothing against Madison and Ethan being a couple, or anything against Madison.)

The last file set aside, Norman sighed in relief, turning his chair to face his probably bored boyfriend. "I'm all yours now," he murmured, keeping his voice quiet. Paper thin walls caused that habit. Ethan perked up like a flower given water, pushing away from the smaller chair he was seated in to peck Norman's cheek, the agent lazily snaking his arms around the other's waist, smiling at the continued kisses all over his face. "Someone's affectionate today," he laughed softly, tilting his head slightly at Ethan.

"It's the last day I get to spend with you here, of course I'm going to be affectionate," the man laughed softly, resting his forehead against the agent's. The reminder that phone calls would be the only way to see Ethan after this was nearly mood dampening. But he didn't want to dwell on it for long, pulling the other into his lap for a proper kiss. The want to have his boyfriend close on the last day together felt almost overwhelming. Slowly, innocent kisses with laughs in-between turned into longer kisses with gasping breaths in-between.

In one of the pauses for air, Norman ducked his head down into Ethan's neck, kissing at the skin gently. He'd have to watch himself, to not make this go too far. Paper thin walls, no lock, and co-workers who didn't exactly knock before entering. Which meant that he had to keep himself from giving into the desire to gently bite, to tug the warm sweater off and toss it towards a cabinet. A small shiver went through the agent at the imagery that resulted from the thoughts.

"I wish you didn't have work today," Ethan mumbled softly, tilting his head a little. More access to his neck, not so subtly given as a silent beg for more. Norman was happy to oblige to that, arms tugging the man closer to himself. The desire to feel the skin under the sweater was maddening, and a desire he gave into quickly. Pale hands and suit sleeves brushed against the soft fabric, giving a small nibble at his neck. No verbal response emerged from that, encouraging the agent further. Soft biting, continued kissing, hands starting to roam.

A knock suddenly sounded out from the office door, Norman jerking away from his boyfriend at the sound. He hurriedly straightened himself out, carefully nudging Ethan off himself. The ex-architect had his face colored a bright red but he had his head turned to the window. Norman would be able to come up with a coverstory if he needed to. He opened the door, surprised to see Madison Paige standing in front of him. Panic shot through his body at the sight of his boyfriend's exgirlfriend. Professionalism was maintained, however, with Norman now trying to block the view of Ethan from the journalist.

"I stopped by to get some quotes from you for my book, if that's okay." Madison smiled kindly, stepping into the small office. Norman nodded, not registering what she had said. He pulled up a chair for the woman, putting it in front of his desk and praying she wouldn't see Ethan. He sat at his desk and turned his monitor to hide his boyfriend from view. He managed to answer whatever questions Madison had for him, not remembering a single answer he gave out. This wasn't an ideal last day spent with his boyfriend, at all.

"I hope I've been helpful Ms Paige," Norman genuinely said, opening his door for her. The panic feeling in his stomach started fading at the fact that she would be leaving. However, of course, nothing could end easily for the agent. She noticed Ethan sitting by the windows and recognized him. There would be no way of connecting that Norman and the ex-architect were together in any way, but the worry of being found out was still stressful.

"Ethan! I...didn't expect to see you here. Er, why are you...?" The journalist asked, walking closer to Ethan. Norman swallowed nervously, remembering the marks he left on his boyfriend's neck. That would be an easy way to identify that there was something between the two, especially given that they were fresh marks. The agent could see the nervous look on Ethan's face as well, but it was quickly wiped away.

"I just wanted to thank Agent Jayden for saving my son," the ex-architect answered quietly. It was a convincing lie, considering he had been imprisonment and begged the agent to help his son. Madison knew that, hopefully. Otherwise this could still end badly, considering she had a hand in Shaun's rescue as well. Thankfully, the journalist nodded and gave a small, fake smile. She half turned to go, but she noticed the man's neck, looking surprised. She glanced between Norman and Ethan for a moment, the agent tensing up. He knew the journalist was smart, she'd figure it out now or soon after leaving.

"I didn't expect this." Madison finally spoke, her voice tight. She didn't look disgusted, she looked hurt. The agent didn't know the story of how the breakup ended, and frankly didn't want to know. It wasn't his business to know how a previous relationship ended. "I didn't know that being arrested was a better way to meet someone."
Norman frowned, noticing the guilty look fading onto Ethan's face. He wanted to comfort his boyfriend, but found himself frozen in place. A disappointed look was cast towards the ex-architect before the journalist finally left, half slamming the door behind her.

The agent was quick to kneel in front of his boyfriend, gently grabbing his hands. "Doll?" He whispered in worry, noticing that Ethan was still. Not crying or saying anything, just sitting still. At Norman's voice, he reacted. Leaning out of the chair and almost falling into the agent's arms, clinging to the man tightly. Norman held him close, doing his best to silently comfort the man. "You shouldn't feel guilty, Mars, you did nothing."
Ethan remained silent and stayed silent in Norman's arms for a while. He didn't want to talk and the agent was aware of it. All he could do was hold the man close, pressing a small kiss against the side of his head from time to time.

"...you made me feel stable when everything was out of control," the man quietly said. The response to what Madison had said but to the agent instead of the journalist. "You believed in my innocence when I...I wasn't even sure if I-"

"You don't need to explain us to me, doll," Norman gently interrupted. "Or anyone, frankly." He added as an afterthought, holding Ethan even closer to himself. The ex-architect buried his face into the agent's chest and let himself cry into the dress shirt. Norman held his boyfriend tightly, letting him cry. Silent sobs shook the man's body, but slowly subsided. The agent held him tightly until the man fully calmed down, but kept his face pressed into Norman's chest. Neither spoke for a while. Silence was like conversations to the couple, it said it all without needing to word the pain into sentences.