March 21, 2020

The other day I found myself thinking of the past. Of those old friends I've shared smiles and jokes with. The petrichoric  scent of freshly cut grass. The setting sun begins the hills. I found myself thinking of the boys that dashed my heart away. Of relationships that never happened. Of those that ended. Of things I could have done differently. In the midst of my regret I told myself,

"People that aren't meant to stay will always leave. People that are meant to stay will never leave. They will always be there when you turn around. And although I don't believe in faith, and never have I ever agreed with them when they said "the universe has a plan for everyone." I do believe that if someone really wanted to stay, they would never have let me go. And if I loved someone enough to make them stay, I would have never let go. So... perhaps it was because I didn't love him enough, or perhaps he didn't love me enough. Or perhaps I stroll have more growing to do. He made me smile, and I made him laugh. But most of all, he taught me how to love, to grow. Your existence in my life was never meant to last till the end, and neither was mine in your life. Never would we hold hang in hand as our hair turns white. We were only meant to be lessons in this journey called life. So when we meet the right person we will know what to do."

The sun has sweet behind the hills. There's a bittersweet taste in my mouth. A few tears in my eyes. I don't regret it. I wouldn't have done it any differently. Because right now by my side is my Mr. Right. So thank you for your lessons and the time we spent.