Chapter Three

"You had an actual conversation with Captain America? As in Steven Rogers, Captain America?" Spencer practically shouted down the phone.

"Well, I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true, Spencer," Quinn replied, keeping a tight grip on the phone by her ear as she navigated the crowds on the streets.

"I can't believe it." Spencer sighed in disbelief. 

"I couldn't either. I could hardly get any words out."

"Where are you?" Spencer asked suddenly.

"Nearly at our coffee shop," Quinn replied, their favorite coffee shop coming into view as she turned the corner. 

"Ah, hello," Spencer said over the phone as the two of them nearly crashed into each other in front of the coffee shop. 

"Do you reckon he's going to come back?" He asked again, as the two of them stood in line. "As in back to the museum?"

"I sure hope so," Quinn replied quickly only to receive a strange look from Spencer. "What? I have so many questions I want to ask him about World War II."

"Well if he does you better let me know. I need to meet the Country's oldest hero."

"Of course I will. Are you working in the exhibition with me today?"

"No, unfortunately. I got moved to the Space Science section for today. Fletcher is taking my place for today, apparently, he needed a change of scenery from Space Science."

"Oh god, not Fletcher." Quinn groaned, her head falling into her hands.

"I seriously don't get what your problem is with him."

"I don't have a problem with him. I just find him immensely annoying."

"Sure, that's it."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I'm just saying that most solid romantic relationships start with some form of hatred."

"Ugh, I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear you say that." Quinn groaned once again. "What's the theory based off anyway? Your collection of those terrible romance novels?"

"Excuse me, those romance novels are not terrible, I'll have you know. You know what maybe you should read one of them." Spencer replied with finality. 

"You know what, maybe I will." Quinn mocked before turning to the cashier as they had now reached the front of the line. "Good morning. I would like a regular Mocha and an Iced Coffee, please."

"I can pay." Spencer said stepping forward, to pay the order before Quinn could protest. "You pay all the other times."

"Okay, fine," Quinn replied without protest. "In that case, I'll grab a blueberry muffin with that as well."

The Air and Space Museum had seemed busier if that was even possible. It did after all make some sense, the weather was starting to warm up, the schools would go on Spring Break soon enough.

But the good thing was that when the museum was busier, the staff usually made the call to have more tours evenly placed throughout the day which made Quinn happy because she got to do more of what she loved. 

The only thing that put a little bit of a downer on her mood was that she had to do with Fletcher, the overzealous Tour Guide all day. 

Despite Spencer's claim, there was nothing going on between Quinn and Fletcher nor would there ever be. Quinn just found him extremely annoying and no there were definitely not any hidden or concealed feelings begging to be released anywhere there. 

Quinn's eyes scanned the exhibition, a smile gracing her face as she saw wide eyed children looking around in amazement. She had long expected that she had looked the same when she was younger and her Dads took her to one of her favourite museums in New York, the Natural History Museum. 

"Battle-tested, Captain America and his Howling Commandos quickly earned their stripes. Their mission, taking down HYDRA, the Nazi rouge science division." 

Her concentration was broken by some commotion near where Fletcher was situated in Spencer's usual spot. Quinn looked to see Fletcher dramatically and inappropriately acting out one of the stories but all it took was for Quinn to meet his eyes and firmly shake her head before Fletcher realized that he had stuffed up. 

But as Quinn's eyes were making their way back across the exhibition, she saw the same person that she couldn't stop thinking about after their conversation the previous day. 

"Back so soon?" Quinn asked. "I thought you would know about everything in here. But I guess you can forget things with old age, it looks like you need a little bit of a refresher."

Steve only chuckled in response. "You didn't."

"That I did," Quinn replied as the two of them laughed together once again. 

"Well after coming here yesterday I thought I should come back, it's a nice little throwback," Steve replied. "Plus I kept thinking about what you said yesterday."

"I said many things yesterday, you are probably going to have to be a little more specific than that."

"I mean that you had all those questions you wanted to ask me."

"Oh yeah of course," Quinn replied. 

"And then I thought that I should give you the chance to ask them." Steve continued. 

"Yeah, that would be great, if you have the time. I can't exactly ask them here otherwise we will most likely have a riot on our hands. But are you free on Friday?" Quinn asked. 

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I am."

"Alright, awesome. That works perfectly as that's my day off. Do you want to go get coffee or something then I pick your brain."

"Coffee sounds great," Steve replied. 

"Cool, so we can meet at the Roasted Bean at 10 am." Quinn replied. "Do you need directions? It's just down the road from here."

"I think I can manage," Steve replied with a smile. "I guess I'll see you then."

 "I'll see you then," Quinn said as Steve turned to leave before she suddenly thought of something. "Oh and Steve?"

"Yeah?"

"Feel free to come as much as you want. You would be surprised to discover how many artifacts we received for this exhibition, new ones are constantly being displayed, it might be nice to see it all."

"Thanks, Quinn. I'll see you around."

"Have a good afternoon!"