Chapter Seven

Quinn Greene's eyes swept across the people enjoying the sunny day, pulling Spencer with her, her eyes eventually landed on the Triskelion desperately searching for anything slightly out of the blue. 

"What are we doing here, Quinn?" Spencer asked. "It's our day off, I was expecting binge-watching Netflix not this."

"It's a nice day, Spence. I thought we should go for a walk, it would do some good for us." Quinn replied, the lie falling off her tongue easily. 

Since her refusal to help with the destruction of the Helicarriers based on the fact that she could do very little to help, she had settled for helping on the ground. 

If things did suddenly take a trip south, she would be an informant who could help get civilians out of the way if that became necessary. 

Quinn situated herself on a bench with a perfect view of the Triskelion before quickly sending Spencer well away on the look for ice cream. She quickly tapped into the earpiece in her ear that would help her to understand everything that was occurring above her. 

It had been a sudden decision on the part of Maria Hill but even Nick Fury agreed that while they were taking down HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D., the life of civilians still needed to be taking into account and that was were Quinn had suddenly come in. 

She was practically a civilian herself but was willing to do anything to help the right cause. 

The three Helicarriers were hovering high above the people gathered also observing the spectacle in front of them, and Quinn could see their guns pointed towards the ground in every which direction.  They were rapidly running out of time. 

"Thirty seconds, Cap!" Maria Hill's voice came through the earpiece and Quinn's eyes never moved from the Helicarriers above her. 

"Stand by. Charlie. . ." Steve's voice suddenly came through before briefly trailing off. "Charlie locked."

"Okay, Cap, get out of there. Greene on standby." Maria Hill's voice ordered as Quinn rose to her feet. 

"Woah, Quinnie. Why do you look so stressed?" Spencer asked, clutching two waffle cones of ice cream in either hand. "Don't worry about that, it's just some government thing." 

"Fire now." Steve's voice came through one more time and Quinn's eyes widened in fear. Steve was still on the Helicarrier that was about to be blown to bits. 

"But, Steve. . ." Maria's voice trailed off. 

"Do it! Do it now!"

No one could quite believe their eyes when suddenly the guns turned towards the other Helicarriers before opening fire on each other. 

"Woah," Spencer said dropping the ice cream cones, as he looked up at the explosions occurring overhead as the Helicarriers destroyed each other. 

Quinn only watched up in horror as the Helicarriers started to fall to the ground, crashing into each other and heading straight towards all of them. 

It didn't take long for the first Helicarrier to crash into the dam beneath the Triskelion, giant waves starting to head towards the people who were watching the events in front of them in shock. 

"Come on! It's going to be okay!" Quinn shouted as the people were standing still instead of running. "Head down that way!"

People starting running away, Spencer following them until he realized that his best friend wasn't following him. 

"Quinnie! You said it yourself! We've got to go."

"You go, Spencer. I'll meet up with you soon. I've got to do something first."

"What are you doing, Quinn? It's too dangerous."

"Just trust me, Spence. I'm going to be fine."

"It's Steve isn't it?" Spencer asked. 

"Just go, Spencer. Get out of here."

"Hill, where's Steve? You got a location on Rogers?" Natasha Romanoff's voice came through the earpiece as Quinn watched the last Helicarrier sinking towards the dam, however, she gasped in horror when she saw two bodies falling beneath it, reaching the water at a much quicker state.

Quinn recognized one of the bodies instantly, running around the outside of the dam, only to see the figure of Steve Rogers, laying battered and bruised on the shoreline. 

"Romanoff?" A tired voice suddenly called from behind Quinn. "Greene and I have a location on Rogers."

Quinn whipped around to find Aquila Cadman standing there, looking a little worse for wear. 

"Hey," Quinn muttered towards the eagle, before heading over to where Steve laid, quickly checking for a pulse, and that he was still breathing. "Oh, thank goodness," Quinn muttered once more, sitting back slightly once she realized that he was going to be fine. 

Quinn Greene observed the people gathered around the story of Captain America exhibition. Of course, it was all slightly different now from even a few months ago, she had certainly experienced some different things after a chance meeting with one Steve Rogers. 

And after the phone call, Quinn had received from Sam ten minutes earlier, Steve was finally awake and was completely fine, if not just a little sore from his injuries. Even though Quinn wasn't allowed to go visit either of them, Sam had informed her that Steve was expecting a phone call later that day. 

Quinn's eyes scanned the exhibit, smirking slightly at the Howling Commandos exhibit. After the discovery of the disappearance of Captain America's uniform, Quinn hadn't lost her job but instead had to hide her growing smirk whenever her co-workers would discuss it. 

However, as her eyes landed on a man wearing a baseball cap just like Steve had when Quinn first met him looking almost pensively towards the Bucky Barnes memorial. 

Quinn moved slightly from her position, heading through the crowds of people searching for a better view of the man's face. She let out a muffled gasp once his face came into view, an exact replica of the face on the memorial. Bucky Barnes was standing in front of her.