Chapter Ten

The wooden paneling next to the elevator suddenly was smashed to piece, mangled Iron Legion bots, causing everyone to jump into action as the chaos broke loose.

The Avengers prepared themselves to fight, Maria Hill had thrown guns which were stashed under the coffee table towards Natasha and Keira, Steve kicking up at the table to use as a shield as the Iron Legion wreaked havoc on the room.

Natasha and Aquila went flying over the countertop of the bar, seeking refuge beneath it as the rest of the Avengers tried to shield themselves from the Iron Legion as best they could.

Quinn quickly looked around the room before finding Dr. Cho, and pulling her to find refuge behind the piano in the corner of the room.

Steve looked around in a slight panic when Quinn had disappeared from behind him only to find her with Dr. Cho in the corner of the room.

"Quinn! Get Dr. Cho out of here!" He called desperately, only to have Quinn shake her head at him in response, picking up a piece of splintered wood from the ground, preparing herself to use it to fight.

One by one the Iron Legion bots were slowly taken down, however, Quinn's effort to help with her small piece of splintered wood was quickly proved futile as one of the stray Iron Legion bots shoved it out of her hand, advancing closer towards where Quinn was, Dr. Cho cowering further behind her.

Another stray bot came at Quinn from her side, wrapping metal arms around her, pulling her into the air.

"QUINN!" Steve shouted panicked watching the blonde struggle against the metal clasped tightly around her body.

Steve quickly grabbed onto the original bot that had tried to attack Quinn and Dr. Cho throwing it towards Thor who smashed it to pieces with Mjolnir.

Tony shoved a random tool into the neck of a bot, both of them smashing into the broken glass beneath them.

Quinn continued to struggle before eventually prying the bot's arms off her, also sending her falling to the ground, the broken glass cutting slightly into her hands as she fell. Steve's shield soon flying ahead smashing into the bot that had held Quinn only a few moments earlier.

Quinn pushed herself up, wincing slightly when she pulled the two small pieces of glass that had been embedded in her palm out. However, she was soon hauled to her feet by Steve, who was looking at her in complete concern, his eyes flooding with worry.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked desperately.

"I'm fine," Quinn said with a smile brushing dirt off her dress only to catch Steve's still concerned expression. "Really, I'm fine."

"You really can't listen, can you?"

"Nope, not in the slightest," Quinn replied with a grin.

"That was dramatic!" All eyes snapped back to the first Iron Legion bot which had Ultron's voice still flooding out of it. "I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to. . .evolve? There's only one path to peace. . . the Avengers extinction."

Thor suddenly threw Mjolnir across the room, colliding with Ultron, the mangled pieces of the suit falling to the ground, the metallic voice echoing through the room one more time.

"I had strings, but now I'm free."

After the chaos that had occurred so suddenly, the remaining Avengers gathered in the lab to assess the damage that had been done not only to the building but also to all their work.