Chapter Twenty One

"WAKANDA FOREVER!"

Everyone charged forward towards the barrier, Steve and T'Challa due to their enhanced bodies pulling drastically ahead of the rest of the group, leaping into battle. As they continued running, a section of the barrier opened, the alien dogs swarming over each other through the small opening. 

Quinn took another deep breath in, calming her nerves before immediately jumping into the fight. A very small part of her wished that she had allowed Steve to convince her to stay and protect Vision as the alien dogs contained to snap at her causing Quinn to quickly shoot them in the face. 

Her new-found skills in combat were so far keeping her safe until suddenly one of the alien dogs caught her slightly off guard, snapping its huge fangs dangerously close to her head. Quinn struggled as more alien dogs swarmed around her, she managed to kick a few of them away, shooting a few in the head before suddenly they all became too much, their fangs snapping in her face, their claws slashing at her skin as Quinn could only accept that this was it. 

However, a huge flying object crackling with electricity flew overhead knocking the Outriders swarming over her body flying. Quinn sat up slightly in shock only to see three figures appearing in the middle of the field. She turned her head slightly in confusion before she realized exactly who it was, they could do this now. 

"Ah-hahaha! You guys are so screwed now!" Bruce shouted out triumphantly towards the aliens into his Hulkbuster suit. 

"BRING ME THANOS!" Thor shouted, charging towards a large group of the aliens, taking them all out with lightning gathering around his body. 

Quinn quickly picked herself, running over towards where Keira, Bea and Aquila stood, facing towards the aliens gathering around them. 

"And just like that, we are back in the game," Quinn heard Keira say to the two as they started to engage in battle together, Quinn joining them.

"Don't get too excited yet," Bea said, gesturing towards the treeline outside of the dome, where a deep rumbling echoed through the air followed by huge moving mounds of earth, eventually emerging from the ground, huge motorized spiked wheels left in place. 

"Yeah, that doesn't look too good." Quinn chimed in, bracing herself as the wheels started on a path straight towards the four of them. 

"I've seen worse." Aquila joked as the four of them found themselves in the direct path of one of the motorized wheels.

Quinn's eyes whipped around the battlefield finding everyone still giving their best effort towards the fight before landing to Steve as they usually did in any crowded situation who was fighting alongside Thor. She could only let out a small sigh of relief at the sight of him being okay before facing the threat directly in front of them.

However, suddenly Wanda landed nearby, her eyes burning red, levitating the Outrider wheels easily into the air, before throwing them behind her at another charging mob of aliens, this move narrowingly missing where Aquila, Keira, Bea and Quinn stood.

"Hey! Watch it!" Aquila teased, running over towards where Natasha and Okoye stood. 

"Why was she up there all this time?" Okoye asked. 

Quinn turned back to Keira and Bea the three of them fighting side by side, helping the others to deter an event like what had happened to Quinn before from happening to each other. 

"Guys, we got a Vision situation here," Sam shouted over the comms urgently.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve also shouted, doubling in urgency.