9: Comfort

Izumi:  wait i really stopped t h e r e last chapter?? before my break?? wow thats stupid.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

3RD PERSON POV

Recap:

Sawamura chuckled. "Anyways, see you tomorrow, Suga. And see you next time, (L/n)-san." He said before turning and walking away from us. Sugawara and I stared in the direction he walked in as his figure gets smaller and smaller.

Sugawara then turned towards me. "Let us go to a nearby café, yeah?" he asked with a gentle smile on his face. I responded with a smile of my own and a nod of my head.

On with Chapter 9:

(Y/N)'S POV

After a bit of walking, we reached the café. It was the same café as the one I went to when I first started dating Yuuji. I got a bit saddened at the thought but I shook my head a bit to get rid of it.

We found an empty booth in the corner and decided to sit there. I bought (food) and (drink) while Sugawara bought a slice of cake and a cup of tea.

I fiddled with my fingers underneath the table. I was nervous, who wouldn't be? Sitting together with a stranger who was kind enough to hear out your problems, and potentially wanting to help you fix them. Especially when that stranger was not that bad looking. But that's not the point here!

"Start whenever you're ready." He said before taking a bite of his cake. "Take all the time you need, I have time."

It took a few seconds to gather all my existing confidence. I took a deep breath before explaining what had happened. From the confession, to the start of the relationship, to the cause of the fall, and then now. Everything, I basically told him everything about our relationship.

I noticed that he listened to every word I say, not once interrupting me to give his own small comments, but he would wait until I stopped to take some time to calm down to give them.

He also comforted me every time I cried because I remember the moments with Yuuji. When I cry, it would take me awhile to calm down too, but he was patient with me and waited until I was calm enough to continue. He didn't rush me or anything, he really let me take my time

He would take out tissue packets from his bag to give them to me to wipe away my tears. At some points, he would reach over and pat my shoulder or rub my arm to console me the best to his abilities.

I can't stop thinking about Yuuji, about how he was the one who confessed, yet he was the one who caused it to end too.. All the memories we made together, all the moments we spent together, all the feelings I developed being with him.. I really miss him.

"I don't think I can move on." I mumbled as I placed my head in my hands once I finished my story. I felt relief having to let out my negative emotions and feelings out to someone instead of bottling it up, although I do feel terrible for giving him the burden of listening to it.

Neither of us talked for a moment and all that was heard was the chatter of the people around us and the sound of their metal forks hitting against the ceramic plates. It was a bit awkward between us as I was waiting for him to say something while I was moping.

"Hey, (L/n)-san," he called out softly. I lifted my head off of my hands and looked at him with a red nose and swollen eyes, "how about we meet up every Wednesday? I don't have any club activities on that day. I can meet up with you and help you move on from him, somehow, is that fine?"

I thought about it, 'Should I? I mean, I barely know him..'

"Ah, I meant, I can be your "personal therapist" by the way, haha." he chuckled awkwardly, "Unless you want to hang out instead? Anything to make you feel better. Unless you don't want to, of course. It's understandable."

I blushed at his words while he was still looking at me, waiting for my answer. 'From our short interaction, I don't sense any ill intent from him at all.. but can I really trust him? Should I?'

My gut told me to just try it out, but don't expect a lot from it.

I thought about my schedule, yeah I got nothing going on after school on Wednesdays. "Sure, why not." I answered, still with a blush present on my face.

He responded with a closed eye smile, and I couldn't help but to smile as well.

'I hope I don't regret this.'

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: this did NOT make any sense but lets go with it

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas