14: Pick Up

Izumi: by the time this one shot is published, i can announce that we have our own discord group! 🎉🎉🥳🥳

its a group made for wattpad anime fanfic writers/readers to just hangout and talk to each other regarding stories, anime, studies, or life in general!

the link will be on my profile message board and bio, see you guys soon!

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"..."

"..."

Both said nothing as they just stared at each other with growing blushes on their faces.

"Uh.. Um... let's.. go back to studying..?" Sugawara suggested awkwardly only when a few seconds of them staring had passed.

"Uh... yea. Let's." (Y/n) said before the two went back to focusing on the task at hand with a hint of awkwardness lingering in the air.

On with Chapter 14:

TERUSHIMA'S POV

'It's been a few days since I tried to call (Y/n)...should I try it again? Should I try to talk to her in general? But why?' I thought as I dragged my feet across the floor.

School just ended and I was heading to the school gates to go home..

'What if she was just busy on that day and didn't manage to answer my call?' I theorized. 'But what if she actually doesn't want to talk to me? If I see her right now, do I talk to her? Ignore her? '

'What if-'

Before I could continue my paranoid thoughts, I accidentally crashed into someone. Apparently I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't notice they were right in front of me.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" I quickly apologized.

I looked at who I had crashed into. My eyes widened as I recognized the (h/l) (h/c) hair that was styled into a (h/s) {hair style}

My body froze as I saw her look at me with her shining (e/c) eyes. 'Did she just get more attractive? Or is it just me?'

"A-Ah, (L/n), sorry for crashing into you. I wasn't paying attention.." I apologized. "Are you okay?"

"Ah, Terushima-san, it's you." she said. "I'm fine. I'm sorry too, I didn't notice I was blocking people's way." she said as she moved to the side of the hallway.

"Anyways, goodbye." she said before turning and walking towards the exit. I couldn't help but to admire her figure getting further and further away, until I realized I didn't manage to talk to her like what I had originally planned.

'AHHH UGHHH GODDAMIT' I internally screamed at myself for forgetting but managed to calm down quickly before heading home.

==T I M E S K I P==

I was back home and, once again, thinking about calling (Y/n).

I was sitting at the side of my bed and had my phone out, displaying (Y/n)'s contact.

I spent the next few seconds trying to come up with a decision. Somehow, I ended up pressing the call button. I lifted the phone towards my ear and waited for her to pick up.

ring...

ring...

click!

"Hello? Terushima-san?" I got excited when the phone was answered, but it immediately changed to confusion when I realized it was a different voice.

"Um, am I speaking to (L/n) (Y/n)?" I asked to confirm the phone number.

"Ah, no, this is Sugawara Koushi. The vice-captain for Karasuno's volleyball club. Remember me?" he said. "Ah, right. I remember." I replied.

"So, why did you pick up (Y/n)'s phone? Where is she?"

"She's in the bathroom at the moment."

"Ahh.."

'So, Sugawara huh?'

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: when terushima internally screamed, i wanted to type a keyboard smash, but have yall actually keyboard smashed in real life because i definitely have.

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writer and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas