15: I'm Sorry

Izumi: so apparently this is the last chapter. i didnt know it too ngl. There's probably one more chapter after this (short epilogue)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Um, am I speaking to (L/n) (Y/n)?" I asked to confirm the phone number.

"Ah, no, this is Sugawara Koushi. The vice-captain for Karasuno's volleyball club. Remember me?" he said. "Ah, right. I remember." I replied.

"So, why did you pick up (Y/n)'s phone? Where is she?"

"She's in the bathroom at the moment."

"Ahh.." 'So, Sugawara huh?'

On with Chapter 15:

3RD PERSON POV

"..."

"..."

Silence enveloped them as they both didn't know what else to say.

"So," Sugawara started after a few more seconds had passed, "why did you decide to call (Y/n) so suddenly?" he asked.

"Well, I just wanted to talk to her about what happened... I doubt she hasn't told you about it, considering that she's been close to you recently." Terushima explained nervously.

"Ah, I see.." Sugawara commented. "Well, Terushima-san, I understand that you still have feelings for (Y/n), but honestly, I don't think I could say the same for her." he said while checking his nails if there was any dirt on them. {thank you that random reader for giving me the idea of sassy suga}

Terushima's heart dropped. 'What did he mean? Did she.. Has she moved on already?' he thought. "Um, what do you mean, Sugawara-san?" Terushima asked hesitatingly. He was scared if he was right, but he wanted to know what the third year meant. He needed to know.

It was silent for a moment before Sugawara answered. "Um, you see.." he paused, "(Y/n) just confessed her feelings for me...last week? Two weeks ago?"

Tersuhima's eyes widened. 'She.. confessed? To him? Two weeks ago?'

All his plans about getting back together with (Y/n) were crushed. All his hopes came crashing down, just from one sentence. He thought he could have won you back, he thought there would be a possibility, although it may be little, it was still something.. But apparently, there was none in the first place.

Though, he had one more plan, which was to try and steal (Y/n) away from Sugawara, but he pushed it to the back of his mind, refusing to do it. He's not that cruel.

Once he came back to reality, he responded to Sugawara who was patiently waiting on the other side of the line. "I-I see. Congratulations, Sugawara-san!" he stuttered. "I hope you two will last long and live a happy life together!" he blurted before hanging up.

He placed his phone beside him on his bed and stared at nothing as the news was the only thing that occupied his mind. His posture became slump as he lost all the energy and determination he originally had.

"So... she already moved on?" he muttered to himself.

He's happy that (Y/n) decided to move on, he's happy that she was strong enough to move pass their relationship. He's happy that she became a stronger woman. But the feeling... The feeling of his shattered heart couldn't be overcome by the happiness.

He thought back to all the memories they made together when (Y/n) was still his girlfriend. All the days they spent with each other, all the nights spent talking on the phone, all the dates they went together... He misses them, he misses you.

A tear managed to escape his eye as it trailed down his face and onto the floor. He brought his hands towards his face and rested his elbows on his knees as more tears started to flow..

"I'm so sorry, (Y/n)...."

M E A N W H I L E

"Koushi? Who were you talking to?" (Y/n) asked when she was finally out from the bathroom.

"Ah, someone called you, but you were busy, so I answered it for you. It was just a random number though, don't worry." Sugawara said as he placed the phone down. 

Seconds before (Y/n) came, the call with Terushima ended and Sugawara quickly deleted the contact. He knew how (Y/n) still felt towards Terushima, but her feelings for him wasn't fake.

"C'mere." he said with his arms opened. (Y/n) went towards him on the bed and both of them got into a cuddling position. "So what do you wanna do?" he asked as he ran his hand through her hair.

"Mmmmmm can we nap first? I'm tired." (Y/n) suggested as she got comfortable. 

"Mmm okayy."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: ITS THE END??? EVEN IM SHOCKED. I FORGOT WHAT I WROTE AND I THOUGHT THERE WAS MORE PLOT. i....i think im making an epilogue?? i cant think of one????? 

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas