CHAPTER: 3

𝗚𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗕𝗬𝗘

The farewell echoed in Y/N's mind.
Y/N and J.K. had never exchanged goodbyes before, both confidently believing that they would inevitably cross paths again. Their parting words held the assurance of meeting again
However, destiny took an unexpected turn. This time, Y/N found herself saying goodbye, not out of choice, but because circumstances dictated it. There existed no valid reason for a future meeting. And so, Y/N walked away, heading home without a backward glance, leaving the past behind.

Y/N turned away without a second glance, leaving with the expected detachment. On the ground, Jungkook crumbled, tears streaming down his face. Living without her seemed impossible, yet he chose something else, breaking their promise. Memories of their first meeting flooded his mind.

*𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤*

In the playground, the 8-year-old Jungkook found himself engrossed in coloring a bunny he had just drawn while sipping on his beloved banana milk. Suddenly, a calm and sweet piano melody reached his ears, drawing him towards its source. Approaching, he discovered a girl of his age playing a piano. As their eyes met, she paused.

Jungkook remarked, "You're really good at playing the piano."
"Thanks. My mom taught me," replied Y/N.
"Cute," Jungkook complimented, settling beside her. Curiosity sparked inside and he asked, "Why are you here alone?" Y/N shared a glimpse of her sadness, revealing, "When I'm sad, I come here."

"But why are you sad?" Jungkook inquired.
Y/N opened up, "My father married someone else a week after my mom died. He says she's my new mom, but she's very bad. She beats me. She can't be my mom. My mom promised that she wouldn't leave me, but she left." Tears welled up as she spoke. Jungkook comforted her, "Hey, don't cry. I'll be your friend, and I promise I will never leave you." "I hate promises" ,Y/N said almost instantly. Jk replied in an assuring manner, "I don't break promises"

She looked at Jungkook, who offered his favorite bunny napkin. Without hesitation, she took it to wipe away her tears. And from that moment, their friendship blossomed.

*𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤*

Jungkook's phone buzzed with a call from his Namjoon Hyung. He took a deep breath and answered, his voice resonating determination.
Jungkook: "I'm on my way, hyung."
Namjoon's concerned voice echoed through the line. RM: "Jungkook, are you absolutely certain about this decision?" Jungkook reassured with conviction. "I am. Goodbye, hyung." Ending the call, Jungkook felt the weight of his choice while gazing at the familiar surroundings for the last time . With a heavy heart, he sighed and steered towards the Bighit office, each mile carrying a mix of emotions.

Jungkook was on a journey to turn his life around, while Y/N felt like her world was falling apart. A mix of hurt, anger, disappointment, and betrayal crowded her mind, creating a storm of emotions. Strangely, she couldn't find it in herself to hate the person who was the reason behind these feelings. It was tough, really tough for her.
Y/N wondered why the people close to you end up causing pain. She thought about how hurt and betrayal often comes from the last person you'd expect. But again, it wouldn't have hurt if it came from someone you saw it coming from

Y/N struggled to focus on her drive, the weight of his broken promise lingering heavily. In her eyes, trust shattered, and everyone, from her parents to him, seemed like a liar and a cheater. Lost in her thoughts, she suddenly noticed a car right in front of her. Swiftly turning the steering wheel to the right, she narrowly avoided an accident. Pulling over to the side, she let out a sigh, her hand on her chest as she tried to calm the racing beats. "I don't want to die, not yet," she whispered to herself.

Gathering her strength, she refocused on the drive, determined to make it home safely. As she stood outside her house, a mix of emotions played on her face.

Y/N dragged herself inside, her heart feeling like a lump of lead. The house, once a haven, now lacked the coziness she craved. Every nook screamed memories of her and Jungkook. Their fingerprints were all over the place, from setting up furniture to spending quality time. Back when they moved in, Jungkook was by her side. They used the money of inheritance from her father, who had passed away, to buy stuff for the house. But now, surrounded by their shared history, Y/N couldn't help but wonder if there was anything solely hers, untouched by Jungkook.

During the breakup, she felt the urge to let it all out - scream, complain, maybe even slap some sense into him. But she couldn't. Would she ever really move on from her first love? That question lingered in the air, haunting her as she wandered through the echoes of a past that refused to let go. Y/N pushed open her bedroom door, her eyes clouded with sorrow as she looked at the bed. In moments of sickness or sadness, Jungkook had always been a phone call away. His presence was always comforting-playing with her hair, offering warm embraces, and singing melodies that gently lulled her to sleep. The cruel twists of fate now left her questioning why life played such games.

Y/N sat on the cold bedroom floor. A photo frame on the side table caught her eye-a picture with Jungkook from about a year ago. Grabbing the frame, she stared at the picture, her cold fingers gently caressing it. A harsh truth hit her: all those years were a lie. She tossed the photo away, the glass shattering on the wooden floor. Hugging her knees, she cried harder, grappling with the heartbreak of shattered trust.
.
.
.
.
Jungkook held the pen, staring at the paper that held not just words but his entire destiny-the agreement with Bighit Entertainment. RM called out, "Jungkook...?" But Jungkook was lost in memories, he remembered promising Y/N he'd never leave, her smile etched in his mind. He faced a choice - this career path or her. It was not easy for him too.

Jin's hand on his shoulder snapped him back. he looked at the worried faces of his hyungs. Jungkook closed his eyes and signed the contract. Tears welled up, but he quietly wiped them. Too late to turn back. He knew he'd chosen ambition over a promise and that he wouldn't be able to ever forgive himself for it.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
🅰🆄🆃🅷🅾🆁'🆂 🅽🅾🆃🅴:

ᴀɴɴʏᴇᴏɴɢ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀꜱ! ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ. ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴜ ɢᴜʏꜱ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ɪᴛ.. ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴏɴ ɪᴛ.. ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴜᴘʟᴏᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴀꜱ ꜱᴏᴏɴ ᴀꜱ ᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟᴇ. ᴛɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇɴ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴄᴀʀᴇ.

𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿
💜💜💜