CHAPTER: 5

𝐘/𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I woke up suddenly, disturbed by a slight knock on my bedroom door. Confusion surrounded me as I lived alone- who could it be? Could it be Iu unnie?After Jungkook only she had my apartment's lock pin. But wasn't 9:55am an odd time? Intrigued, I got out of bed and cautiously opened the door, only to find Jungkook standing there.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still as I gazed at him, there he was, in a plain but eye-catching black t-shirt. His presence left me breathless, and my mind tried to grasp if it was really him. I hesitantly reached out, my fingers touching his face, confirming he was truly there. His eyes held tears, just like mine did. Jungkook's voice shattered the silence, pleading, "I'm back, Y/N-ie. Please forgive me. I can't live without you." Tears spilled from my eyes, emotions washing away all the complains I had from him. He extended his arms, signaling me to come closer and hug him. I took a step towards him, ready to embrace, but then...

The voice of alarm startled me. What? I looked around my room and then my eyes opened. I was in my bed. Confusion settled as I sat up quickly, checking my room for any sign of Jungkook. Reality hit; it was just a dream. I sighed, feeling disappointed. Wiping away the tears, I turned off the alarm and glanced outside from my room's window. 𝙄𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣. Only if I had the option to not wake up and live in that dream forever. Months have passed since our breakup, and it would be a lie to say I've moved on. Memories of our time together consume my thoughts 24/7, bringing tears. Was my love not enough for him? That's the question I ask myself, but I don't have an answer.

Sighing, I got up to get ready for the cafe. Yes, I've started working at a nearby cafe. Aware of being seen as a burden by my stepmom, I chose to work during weekends to manage my own expenses. I had also hoped that immersing myself in work and staying busy would provide a distraction from thoughts of Jungkook. However, as time passed, it became increasingly evident that forgetting him was impossible
.
.
.

Serving a hot cup of coffee and delightful cream rolls to the waiting customer, a quiet sigh slipped from my lips. In the busy kitchen, I gently massaged my tired shoulder to shake off the weariness. Lost in the sounds of coffee machines and clinking utensils, I focused on preparing orders of our customers. The cafe, filled with sunlight, had a calm atmosphere with only a few customers around.

I was then interrupted by a familiar voice calling my name, "Y/N!" I swiftly exited the kitchen, only to be greeted by the presence of IU unnie. Spotting me, she hurriedly approached, her tone a blend of urgency and excitement, "Yah, come, have a seat.We need to talk" Attempting to convey my work-related priorities, I began, "Unnie, I have to wor-" but unnie cut me off saying: "MISS HAN, CAN Y/N TAKE A SHORT BREAK? I REALLY WANT TO CHAT WITH HER, IF THAT'S OKAY WITH YOU."

Mrs. Han, the friendly cafe owner and one of the nicest people I knew, came out from the kitchen with a warm smile. She replied, "Sure, I'll handle things for a bit. It's not too busy right now." Thank you!" IU exclaimed with gratitude. We settled at a nearby table.
Wondering about the reason for our sudden meeting, I asked, "So, what's going on?"

IU retrieved her phone from her purse and opened YouTube, playing a video. My eyes widened, my heart skipped beats, and tears welled up once again. IU exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, they finally debuted! I'm so happy for them!" The video showcased a video of BTS. It is was their very first song, their debute song. A rush of emotions overwhelmed me. They had made it. The song' name was "I NEED YOU."

*𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠*
🎶Fall (everything)
Fall (everything)
Fall (everything)
흩어지네 [it's scattering] 🎶

As I watched, there he was-Jeon Jungkook, the one I love, the person who means everything to me. Even though he's not mine, the longing and yearning for his presence surged within me. Just seeing his face brought tears to my eyes. His complexion seemed pale, and he appeared thin and weak. Was he not eating well? But what caught me most were his eyes that seemed to bear a weight too heavy. His eyes revealed a deep pain, it wasn't an act; it felt undeniably real. Questions flooded my mind-was he not happy?