Gimme A Break!

For some unknown reason, I carry the scan picture around with me for the rest of the week. I got a copy of it and sent it to Aunt Ginny, but I doubt Mum or Dad will want to see it. After all, it's the reason they're fighting, isn't it? I keep the picture tucked safely away in the pocket of my robes and take it out at every bathroom break or even when I get a moment to myself, just to have a look. I'm not sure who it looks like just yet...I'm thinking it strongly resembles some sort of nut. And let's face it, there are plenty of nuts in my family.

Hey, I made a funny!

It's a pity I crack such brilliant jokes in my head and not out loud. I suppose the world will never know of my amazing sense of humour and will forever see me as an angry pregnant redhead.

There's no Quidditch practice on Wednesday evening because Al booked the pitch for Slytherin to practice. I'm so thankful for that because I have a heap of work to catch up on. So after dinner I head to the library like the little nerd I am.

The library is completely empty except for that weird seventh year Hufflepuff guy, John Lawson who's always there. We call him "Library Man" and Dom and I even made up a whole comic strip about him back in first year. He was a superhero who wore a tank top with the initials "LM" on the front. He had special powers to read books extra fast, with the help of his trusted side kicks, Book Girl and Literature Lad. I know we were bigger freaks for actually making the comic strip.

I nod politely to Library Man on the way past him and his grip tightens on his book as he nods back – it's as if he's scared I'm going to steal his book. I'm barely in the library ten minutes when Dom runs in noisily, earning death glares from the librarian and extremely frightened glances from Library Man. He's quite a sissy for a superhero.

"Rose! You'll never guess who's getting married!" Dom pants having clearly ran the whole way to the library.

If she says her and Malfoy, I'm going to cry.

"Who?"

She throws a letter down on the table in front of me.

"Ted and Victoire!"

What? Okay, now I seriously wish it were her and Malfoy instead. There's just no way Teddy's getting married. He's supposed to be dumping her for me! This wasn't in the plans! True, he hasn't quite worked out his feelings for me yet, but it's only a matter of time...MARRIED? Is he serious? Why didn't he tell me? Why did I have to hear it from Dom? Teddy and I tell each other everything!

I'm going to faint.

Dom looks so excited at the prospect of her older sister getting married. I try my best to look happy too, but I catch sight of myself in the mirror across the way and the strained smile on my face makes me look constipated.

"That's great," I say quietly, but I make it seem like I'm only being quiet because we're in the library.

"I know!" she says loudly, causing Library Man to look over in shock, "Isn't it? And I'm going to be bridesmaid!" She shoves the letter at me again, forcing me to read it.

Dominique,
How's life at Hogwarts these days? I miss you and Lou since you guys went back, but you'll never guess what's happened...Teddy proposed to me! Last night, he took me out to a very nice restaurant in Diagon Alley – champagne, oysters and all of that – and then he got down on one knee and everything! You should see the ring, Dom it's gorgeous!
Of course I'll want you to be bridesmaid! We haven't decided on a date yet but we were thinking maybe summer of next year. We want to get married in France somewhere, maybe at Grandmere and Grandpere's country home. Nana and Grandad Weasley are so happy for us because Teddy will finally be an official member of the family. Teddy wants Uncle Harry to be Best Man, he's asked him already!
Anyway, I just thought I'd write and tell you before Mum and Dad have the chance to. I'm sure you can expect their letter in the mail any day now!
Take care,
Victoire