Unrequited (Ch. 10)

Tamaki opens the door to their house. As he entered, he took off his shoes and announced his arrival back home. He then took off his blazer that accompamied the UA uniform that he was wearing. It was soaking wet from the rain outside, he forgot to bring his umbrella and before he can ask his best friend Mirio for an extra umbrella, he couldn't find him since the blond had to leave early because of a sudden task. As a result, he had to wait for the rain to stop drizzling —which didn't happen and it was getting late so Tamaki had to run from UA to the train station.

After a while, he felt uneasy when his parents didn't say their usual 'welcome back' to him. The elf-eared boy then heard muffled voices coming from further inside the house, with this he came running towards the source — leaving droplets to the floor with his drenched clothes. He came to a halt when he saw his mother talking to a woman at the dining area. The woman had his back facing the boy but of course, it wasn't hard to recognize her from his view.

"You don't have to worry about anything. I'll look after your home so– oh Tamaki! Welcome home." The older woman greeted her son. As soon as she realized her son's condition, she spoke again "You should change your clothes, you might catch a cold!"

"Welcome home." the other woman who turned around to face the elf-eared boy simply greeted. A tiny smile adorning her face which resulted to a tint of pink to show on the younger man's face.

"W-what do you mean about taking care of y-your home? Are you leaving, (Y/n)?" he immediately asked, ignoring his mother's words.

"I'll explain later, Tamaki. You should change out of those clothes first." (Y/n) answered, still smiling gently to the student.

Tamaki sighed and proceeded to head to his own room upstairs.

"Sometimes, I wish that you'd be the one he gets to marry in the future." the older woman suddenly blurted out. (Y/n) on the other hand felt her cheeks heat up from the statement.

"Amajiki-san, Tamaki's still a boy and there's still a lot of women out there that he can meet. Also, he doesn't see me that way." the artist defended. She didn't understand what it is with the people today that they kept on rooting for him and the younger man. Of course sometimes she notices the way Tamaki looks at her but she believes that it's just some sort of tiny crush and nothing more than that.

The woman of the Amajiki household sits on the other chair that was infront of (Y/n) and gave her a smile. "Most of the time, he only listens to you whenever you're near. He barely notices other people whenever you're in the same room with him. Plus, every time he hears something bad happened to you, he would come running to wherever you are just to make sure that you're doing ok." the older woman stated.

Yuka Amajiki knows for sure that the feelings that her own son harbors towards the artist is more than a tiny crush or puppy love. She knew that his son wouldn't take the female's departure lightly so the least that she can do is make (Y/n) realize the deep adoration of Tamaki before it's too late.

"That's all because he sees me as a close friend of his, Amajiki-san." the younger woman says.

Yuka lightly puts her hand on the younger woman's hand that was resting on the table in front of them. She met the artist's gaze with her firm indigo orbs, the same color as Tamaki's.

"(Y/n), I know that right now you see my Tamaki as nothing more than a boy doing his best to be a full-pledged hero in the future. But I assure you, one day you'll witness that boy become a man who will protect and fight for the people and everything he believes in." Yuka paused and lifted her hand from the younger woman's.

" So for now, I want you to believe in him and the man that he's going to be. " she then proceeded to give (Y/n) a toothy smile of hers. The younger woman's eyes widened and at that moment she was moved with the mother's love and respect to her child.