Escape (Ch. 17)

"(N/n)... (N/n), wake up. " Rie tried to wake up his sleeping twin as silent as possible. The little girl stirred a little from her sleep and slowly opened her eyes.

"Rie...? What time is it?" she asked, half-yawning. She noticed that it was still dark outside as she glance at the single window inside their room.

"It's 3:00 in the morning. Get up, we need to go!" the little boy answered, whisper-shouting at (Y/n) as he nudge her to get up on her feet.

"Where are we going?" the little girlasked, fumbling slightly as she steady herself to stand straight, after all, her legs were still swollen from being beaten up during the past couple of days.

She saw Rie grabbing an old worn-out backpack that have always been laying on the floor for as long as she can remember - she guessed that it must have been from the person who was staying in the room before they came to the orphanage.

"There's no time to explain, we have to go now." the male twin answered, grabbing (Y/n)'s hand after he finished putting some of their ragged clothes insude the bag.

Of course, the little girl was confused with how her twin was acting but she decided not to question him. Rie tugged her hand as he began to reach for the doorknob but he turned around when he heard his sister fall.

'Her legs!' he thought, as he realized what caused the fall. The boy hurriedly went to (Y/n)'s side to make sure that she was ok while apologizing to her sincerely, the little girl just gave him a smile, telling him that she was fine.

"I'll have to carry you on my back." he said, helping his sister get on his back to give her a piggyback ride.

"But Rie, I'm heavy." the girl said, worried when she saw how hard it was for the boy to carry her and the backpack that she was asked to wear to make it easier for them to move.

"Don't worry about me, (N/n). Just keep quiet, ok? We can't be heard or seen by anyone once we're out of this door." the male twin said before twisting the doorknob and heading out into the dark hallways of the place they grew up in.

-----------
'Another dream...' the woman thought as she stretch her upper body upon waking up. She immediately heard the booming sound of the heart monitor a few meters away from her and the man that was unconscious on the bed in front of her.

Her (e/c) orbs flickered when her eyes landed on the old man's face. "Good morning... dad. I guess, I can call you that now, right?" she said, wishing that at least she can receive a reply from her father. But instead, she was left with the man's steady breathing as he lay on the bed.

(Y/n) gently clasped the old man's hand. Smiling gently at him, she spoke again.

"Rie would be so happy to meet you." she started and gave out a sigh.

"Although, I hope I see him soon. I... I miss him so much. Chisaki-san said that I can meet Eri and him once everything's settled down." she continued, a frown etched on her face but she quickly turned it to a smile before talking again.

"There's no reason for me to be so down right now. I have to stay strong for you, Rie, and Eri..."

"But... I just hope that they're both ok. Chisaki-san showed me a cctv footage of the room where Eri is staying, but he didn't say anything about Rie and I don't even understand what he meant about things being settled down." the female said, unconsciously biting her lower lip because of the frustration and worry bubbling inside of her.

"I don't know if I can trust that footage or anything he says about them right now, but I have no other choice... since you raised him."

"Dad... I- Me and Rie have always wanted to meet our parents. There were times that we even asked ourselves why you left us. But I guess now... I understand that you have your reasons and I can never hate you for that."
---------------
"We're almost there, (N/n). Just hang tight." the little boy whispered, still carrying her twin on his back. Rie felt (Y/n)'s hold tighten, securing herself on her brother's back.