Chapter one

Layla's POV
Last night was wild. I went to the club with my best friend, Cheyenne. I wish I didn't go with her because I have a massive hangover and it's all her fault. I rolled over to get the sun out of my eyes. I was planning on drifting back to sleep, but someone knocked on my bedroom door.

"Aye Layla, you woke?" I heard my best friend say. I groan and put the pillow over my head. I hear my door opening. "Sorry guh. Ian tryna disturb you." She says putting Advil and some kool-aid on my nightstand.

"You good. I need to get out of bed anyway." I say sitting up.

"So.. I still wanna know who you were dancing on last night. He looked fine as fuck from what I remember. I wish the club wasn't so dark sometimes." She said.

"Its just some guy. I didn't get his name and I don't remember him asking me to dance." I say.

"But yet, y'all was still grinding on each other." She says and I hit her with my pillow."

"I'm gonna take a shower and go to the store. You wanna come too?" I asked Chey while taking off one of my big graphic t-shirts. I've known Chey since we were 3, so it's not her first time seeing me naked.

"Of course I wanna come. The fuck i look like sitting here bored. Plus I gotta get some groceries for my house too." She says. I nod and go into my bathroom.

~ August's POV ~

Me and my brotha Trav was at da club last night and he got shitfaced drunk. I didn't because fa some reason, I wanted to remember da night. I'm glad he got me out da house because I seen this fine ass shawty and ian waste no time getting behind ha. Ha ass was feelin soft in dat dress she had on and from wat I could see, she was beautiful as hell. I wouldn't mind fuckin ha.

I walked downstairs and immediately seen Trav run into a wall. "Its a wall right Thea." I said smirkin.

"Fuck you Aug." He said holding his big ass head.

"Fucks no. Anyway, I'm going to da sto. You want sumn back?" I asked.

"Yea get Callie sumn and I want some cereal, chips, milk, and cheese cubes." He said.

"Damn just write me a whole grocery list." I say laughing. "Ight ima take a shower then ima head out." I tell him. He nods and waves me off.

*****
"Ight Trav I'm out." I say closing da front door. Ima stop by da gas station first because I want some tooties. After I get da tooties I head to da grocery sto. As soon as I walked in a worker and a few kids came and took a picture wit me. I posed and smiled at
da camera then went to da chip/ snack section. I got some Doritos, Cheetos, and some plain lays chips. I also got Callie some snacks.

I was headed to da frozen food section when I saw this girl struggling to get some cereal. She looked too familiar. She grabbed da cereal, almost falling in da process. "Oh shit." I heard ha say while landing on ha feet. I chuckled a bit.

"I was waitin fa you to buss ya ass." I said.

~ Layla's POV ~
"I was waitin fa you to buss ya ass." Some guy said. The accent sounded way to familiar. Ain't no way in hell its who I think it is.

"Holy mother of god. Um.. oh shit." I rubbed my eyes then pinched myself. "Wait a damn minute. There's no way you're in front of me right now." I say.

"Yup its me. In da flesh." He say smiling.

"Damn you're even finer in person." I say without thinking. "My bad I didn't mean to say that." I say kinda embarrassed.

"Yuh all good ma."

"Can I get a picture?" I asked taking my phone out.

"Of course." He takes my phone and starts to take multiple pics. He wrapped his arm around my waist. Then he went to snap and started recording. "Wazzam y'all I'm here wit, wats ya name beybeh?" I tell him my name. "I'm here wit my beautiful beybeh Layla. She looking beautiful as ever." He says then kisses my cheek. "Ight Aug out." He stops recording and posts it.

"Is it ok if I add my number to ya phone?" He asks.

"Yea it's fine." I say internally screaming.

"You betta not leak my number on some g shit." He says handing it back to me. August💞😏 is what he set his name to.

"Boy I'm not finna leak your number. I'm too old for that."

"Is dat right?" He says messing with his beard. I nod.

"I knew I'd find yo ugly ass over her- oh hey August." Chey nervously laughs.

"Wazzam." He smiles. Damn his smile is giving me life.

"Can I get a picture?" She asks.

"Yes ma'am." He says. He takes multiple pics with her and she quickly posted them.

"Bitchhh you finally met him. After all those wet dreams!" Chey says to me. My mouth fell open. I pretended I didn't see August smirking at me from the corner of my eye. "Oop. My bad i was a lil excited."

"It was nice meeting you aug, but me and my friend here have to get going." I say. Chey waves and he waves back.

"Bye Lay." He says. His accent made me weak in the knees. Me and Chey walks off. I didn't even get the other cereal but oh well.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I asked Chey. "Why would you say that in front of him? Now he gonna think im a fucking weirdo." I thump her forehead.

"Ouch! And bitch I said my bad. I was overly excited, damn." Ive never been this embarrassed in my life. I finished getting the groceries and on my way out of the store I seen August and I said bye once again.