1. You're Just Unlucky

[f/n] - first name

"I can't believe it, how have none of the marines caught this guy?" You mutter to yourself, gripping the edge of the daily paper. "He's just some rookie."

You stared into the black and white eyes of the front cover picture, noticing his little smirk playing at his lips in almost amusement as his picture was snapped for the world to fear.

"Trafalgar Law, two hundred million berry bounty, captain of the Heart Pirates," you read, scoffing a bit. "Heart Pirates, what a stupid name for a pirate crew."

You sighed, chucking the paper onto the other end of your couch and stood up, stretching your back.

"I can't believe that guy along with a whole bunch of other crazy rookies are all on Saboady," you mused to yourself, walking to the door of your apartment. "What a terrible time to be here."

Exiting your temporary home, you began walking around the archipelago in just boredom. Maybe a slight part of you hoping to see one of those rumoured rookies.

You couldn't help it. A little part of you has always wanted to be a pirate, but you just dismissed it as a childish wish and continued to live as an average civilian. Even though you knew you would never actually become a pirate, the idea of being one still crossed your mind from time to time. The chase, the thrill, you wouldn't mind it. But you made your choice a long time ago.

Walking throughout Saboady, you stopped at some certain places for longer then others, such as the amusement park, enjoying the free time you currently had.

There was one place you avoided though. You had never been there in the whole period of time you've been on Saboady and you didn't plan to go. The place itself was to inhumane.

Deciding to stay at the amusement park, you enjoyed the Ferris wheel for a couple times before a loud commotion down below caught your attention. That and it caused the one in charge of this ride to stop it mid way.

"What the hell is going on down there?" You questioned no one in particular, looking out of the large window.

All you could really see were people running around like crazy, screaming about something and some loud and blinding explosions on a nearby archipelago, slowly getting closer.

"Hey, how am I going to get down?" You wondered out loud. "Well, maybe it's better if I stay up here. I mean, I feel reasonably safe. Safer then down there."

Soon after you said that, just because the world loves to prove you wrong, something almost resembling a laser came shooting towards your ride, destroying the supporting bars and sending everything, along with you, tumbling to the ground.

Landing with a crash and a scream of shock and pain, you thankfully are able to shove open your door after the pain and shock subsided slightly.

"Well," you mumbled, hissing from the pain of trying to get out of the little carriage you were in. "Maybe I am safer down here."

After slowly making your way out of the tin box of doom, you sighed, taking deep breaths and sliding to the ground. You wiped your forehead, seeing dark crimson blood stain your hands.

"Damn," you muttered, looking down at the rest of your body. There were obviously minor cuts, scraps and bruises but there was one large cut that ran down your left leg. Your right one was completely numb and looked pretty bloody.

You tried to wipe away some of the blood that was getting in your eyes. You could feel your legs flaring with pain, making it impossible to walk or even attempt to stand up.