4. You're Just Hungry

[f/n] - first name

"I feel like my stomach is on a never ending roller coaster ride and is getting twisted up inside," you groaned.

It was the next day and Penguin and Shachi stood on the side of your bed, listening as you complained to them about how you haven't had anything to eat since your house.

"Didn't Law say you'd get a bowl of rice a per day?" Penguin asked.

"Yeah, but I've already had my one bowl for the day and that's all I've had in the past three days!" You explained. "I'm hungry!"

Shachi and Penguin looked at each other, nodding in agreement. They both turned back to you, Shachi being the one to speak. "Alright alright, we're actually suppose to be on cleaning duty right now so you'll have to get it, but we have a secret stash of food in our room hidden in the bottom drawer of the only dresser in the room. Our room isn't your neighbouring room, but the next one."

"A secret stash?" You repeated. "Of what?"

"Something you can never tell Law we have. Ever," Penguin whispered warningly.

"Like I'd ever tell him," you laughed, swinging your legs off of the side of the bed and stepping off onto the floor.

"Nice pajamas [f/n]," Shachi winked.

You rolled your eyes looking down at your current clothes. You had on a pair of his navy plaid bottoms which were a bit larger then you so they had to be tied tight at the waist and Penguins white t-shirt which hung loosely around you.

"Thanks, they're pretty awesome right?" You said, sarcasm unhidden. "Well you guys are going to buy me some actual clothes when we get to Water Seven, right?"

"Yeah, sure [f/n]," Penguin said with a smile. "Besides, I want my shirt back."

"I don't know," Shachi muttered, holding his chin in his hand and tilting his head to the side. "I kind of like seeing you in my pajama bottoms."

"Jeez, aren't you suppose to be on cleaning duty or something?" You asked, already knowing the answer.

"Come on Shachi," Penguin nudged.

"I don't want to clean shit," he mumbled.

"Oh and [f/n], we have to have a secret word so me and Shachi can get back in," Penguin noted.

"Alright, so what word?" You asked.

"Pumpernickel."

You stared at him confused as him and Shachi grinned like they knew everything. Which in this situation, they kind of did.

"Why?" You questioned.

"I don't know, just 'cause," he shrugged. "Okay, now let's go Shachi."

"Can't I just go with [f/n]?" He asked hopefully.

"No."

You watched as the two bickered out of your room and down the hallway to where ever they had to start cleaning.

You followed a minute after, walking down the hall to the room that was described to you to be theirs.

Just to be sure, you knocked lightly. "Hello?"

After not hearing an answer, you opened the door to reveal two beds. One on the left side, one on the right and a single dress in between.

You walked up to it and garbed the handle to the bottom drawer, pulling out to see piles of..

"Bread?" You mumbled, looking at different types of bread they had shoved into the drawer. "I don't get why they wouldn't want Law knowing about this. What is he, gluten free?"

Ignoring that thought, you grabbed a roll and a single slice of bread, wrapping it under your shirt. Classic.

You shut the drawer with your foot and kept your hands at hip level, secretly holding your food. You'd have to ask later why it was such a big secret.

You made your way out of their room and shut the door behind you, catching Laws attention at the end of the small hall.

"[f/n]," he called, walking towards you. "What were you doing in Penguin and Shachis room?"

You froze on the spot, staring up into his questioning eyes, still holding the bread under your shirt. You couldn't let him know they had a secret stash of bread, even if you didn't know why.

"Uh.. I was just grabbing another pair of pants from Shachi. He said I could use another and that he didn't mind," you made up quickly.

He glared down at you. "So that's what's hidden under your shirt then, huh?"

You nodded.

"Can I see then?" He asked.

"Uh, no! No you can't, because I have to go change, right now! Bye!" You quickly spilled out and ran back to your room, slamming the door behind you.

"That was close," you said to yourself in between pants.

Happily though, you stood back up straight and brought out the pieces of bread, setting the roll and pumpernickel bread down on your bed and picking up the slice of whole wheat bread.

"Food," you mumbled happily taking a bite. "It's probably the best thing I've ever eaten!"

It's bread, a little voice in your head pointed out.

Ignoring it though, you gobbled that up quick enough and grabbed the roll, right before hearing a knock at the door.

"Hey, uh [f/n]," you heard Shachis voice call from outside your door. "Can we come in?"

You noticed how they didn't use the code word, and thought it was best you hide your food.

"Uh, just one second!" You called, grabbing the food and shoving it in the top drawer of you night side table. "All right, come in."

The door opened to show Shachi and Penguin. being held by the back collars of the outfits by Law who glared over at you.

"Alright, what's going on?" Law asked.