5. You're Just Laughing

[f/n] - first name

"What're you guys up to?" He asked, lightly shoving the two guys into the room.

"W-What'd you mean?" Penguin asked, obviously nervous. "We were just on cleaning duty!"

"Yeah!" Shachi agreed.

He rolled his eyes. "I just saw [f/n] come out of your guys room, and I have a feeling it wasn't for the reason she told me," he explained, glancing up at you.

"What did she tell you?" Shachi asked.

"Why don't you tell me," he countered.

The three of you stayed silent as Law stared you all down.

You sighed. "Guys, I don't see why this is such a big deal. Why don't you just tell him?"

They looked back up at you with wide eyes, shaking their heads.

"Tell me what exactly," Law asked.

You looked back down at the two guys who sighed, a depressing aura around the two of them.

"Just tell him, it's over anyway," Penguin mumbled.

"We're as good as dead," Shachi agreed.

You stared down at them confused. "What's wrong with you guys anyway? It's just bread."

"Bread?" Law asked, raising an eyebrow.

You nodded going to your drawer and taking out the roll you were about to eat.

"I told them I was hungry and they said to go their room to get some of of their 'stash'," you explained as Law walked over to you.

He glared at the food, snatching the roll away. "I hate bread."

You looked up at him as he looked down at you. A grin you couldn't help spread across your face and you began to laugh a little.

"What's so funny?" he snapped defensively.

"Well, you! The famous rookie Trafalgar Law hates bread? That's pretty funny!" You said in between laughs, happily looking up at him, stopping slightly when you saw his face.

He looked annoyed at you, for obvious reasons, but what really caught your attention was the fact that his cheeks almost seemed to have a light light pink dusting them. So light you thought you didn't actually see it. His eyes didn't seem to glare at you as menacingly as they did earlier either.

"Law?" You asked, poking his shoulder. "You still with us?"

He scowled immediately, pushing your finger away and turning to Shachi and Penguin who were wondering why Law hadn't got mad at you for laughing.

"Look, Law, we know you hate bread but we're dying over here!" Shachi started, trying to save themselves and their stash. "Just because you don't like bread doesn't mean we should be punished-"

"Fine," he mumbled, chucking the roll at Penguin who quickly caught it. "Just don't let me see it. I'll be working on something in my room, let me know shortly prier to when we arrive at Water Seven."

Penguin and Shachi looked at each other with confused looks, then turning back to their Captain. "Uh, Law, hey are you-"

"Understood?" He growled, opening the door to leave.

"Yeah, yeah we got it," Penguin said. "But are you-"

Slam.

"-okay," he finished, sighing. "Well that was officially weird."

"Why didn't he get mad at you?" Shachi asked you, holding his chin in his hand and looking like he was thinking hard.

"Don't think on it to much, you might fry your brain," you joked, making him roll his eyes and drop his hand back down to his side

"Well the Law we know would've chewed you out for that," Penguin explained, Shachi nodding in the background. "So that was pretty weird."

You shrugged. "Maybe my lady like charm has an effect."

Shachi snorted with a grin. "Yeah, like any of that charm would work on him anyway. He's not known for his warm heart."

You laughed, jumping back on your bed. "I know I know, but he's not really all I expected, he's interesting." You mumbled, in thought.

"I can be interesting to you know," Shachi grinned with a wink.

You rolled your eyes. "Shut up Shachi, go finish your cleaning."

"Oh shit, we still have to do that," he mumbled.

"Get going boys, I need my beauty sleep," you said, happily pulling your covers over you and snuggling into your bed.

"Jeez, how rude," he mumbled, leaving the room.

"Oh and [f/n]," Penguin said. "We should be in Water Seven soon, just a heads up!"

"Mhm, go clean," you uttered, pulling your blanket up closer to you.

You heard him chuckle and leave the room, the door shutting behind him.

You sighed. "This isn't what I'd expect pirates to act like. It's nice."