Hey, Annabeth, you know Greek, right? (Percabeth One-Shot)

The muffled voice outside was beginning to get on Annabeth's nerves.

"Annabeth!"

She sighed through her nose, pretending not hear, and flipped the next page of her geometry textbook.

Oh, what an easy question. Find the surface-

"Annabeth!

She clenched her teeth and scowled at the dark window. Who in Hades would be doing anything else other than studying at this time ANYWAY? The exams were in like, two months!

Irritably flicking a strand of her blonde hair back with her pencil, Annabeth calmed down for a second. Just as she rested her lucky pencil on her exercise copybook, she heard someone beckoning her again.

"ANNABETH!"

Annabeth didn't even bother to throw on her warm robe or set her pencil down or even wear some slippers before she slammed the door open to greet the cool breeze and the interrupting person outside.

"NICO, FOR THE LAST TIME-!" Her voice was so loud that she wouldn't have been surprised if Chiron himself came all the from Long Island Sound to shut her up.

But it wasn't Chiron who showed up. Nor was it Nico. 

"Hey, Wise Girl."

Annabeth blinked. "Percy?"

"I need help," he said, his eyes widened to the size of mothballs. Annabeth had to admit; it was annoying when he used to do that at first, but recently it has become endearing.

"Help?" she repeated bluntly. "What is so life-threatening and important so that you had to come here to San Francisco?" She suddenly tensed up. "Monsters?"

"No, not monsters..." Percy muttered. He looked nervous, Annabeth noted. He also now avoided looking into her eyes. 

That made her angry. "Well, whatever it is, spit it out. Come on, I need to help you study as long as you're here. I'm not letting you fail in your senior year."

He made eye conact with her again, and Annabeth fought the urge to swoon. She wanted to kiss him. She really did. But no, she held herself. This ain't New Rome.

"That's why I came." 

Percy unslung his bag from his back and set it on her queen-sized bed. With a nod Annabeth gave him her permission to sit down on her white hotel-style sheets. 

He unzipped it and brought out a notebook. "You remember when Chiron said that we couldn't go to New Rome 'till I aced some academic tests?"

"Oh, you need help?" Annabeth's eyes lightened up as she shuffled over to him. "What subjects? Never mind, I'll just help you with everything. But why did you come all the way here?"

Percy smiled. "I only have a few questions, but raising a new subject isn't bad either."

She snatched the thin spiral notebook in his hands and slapped it over his head.

"Anyway," Percy said as he had his notebook back in his hands, "I need help with Ancient Greek."

Annabeth's gaze sharpened as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "You remember the alphabet," she warned. 

He nodded in mocking earnest. 

With a snort, she opened his notebook and hoped that what was written was Greek.

Her jaw dropped. 

In her hands, she held a collage of pictures and chibi drawings and little notes in Ancient Greek. It was a rainbow of colors and art. Hippocampi and pegasi of ivory, silver, and gold danced around the borders, framing the multitude of little personnages of teensy satyrs pressing tiny brownish reed pipes to their lips whilst watching with their minute beady satyr eyes the rings of musical notes surrounding them in the shape of the personal tornadoes her lovable boyfriend could summon. 

Annabeth stroked the middle of the page, feeling her fingers skimming over glued-to-the-page photographs of Percy and her. Even her favorite was there: he had his cozy arms wrapped around her while she held a book in her hands. She pretended to be grumpy at having her precious reading time interrupted, but frankly any idiot could see that her flushed face signalled her love for him.

The words... 

I love you, wise girl. 

Agape mou, Annabeth Chase.

"Hey, Annabeth." 

Her grey eyes sparkled happily. "Yes?"

"You know Greek, right?"

Grinning, she leaned in and kissed him.