La Brune Du Les Yeux Des Feu (Attack on Titan AU- Eros Part 2)

ACT II, SCENE I

Armin: [as he sighs and wipes his face with a napkin] Knew all that Christmas shopping won't go to waste. Great job, Sasha and Connie.

Sasha: [burps loudly] Shame you all didn't let me make our haggis! It's an amazing dish, but ya'll weak stomachs-

Jean: UH, thanks, Sasha, but I think Armin promised us with a story.

Armin: [HIC] I did-? [HIC] Oh, I- [HIC] DID!

Mikasa: More champagne?

Eren: I think he's had enough, dear. We don't want him to slur his words as he tells us some more.

Armin: Erm, where did- [HIC] I stop?

[he recieves a glass of water from an impatient Reiner]

Thanks, Rei- [HIC]

[he drinks]

Annie: Not all of us are as patient as you, Armin.

Armin: Sorry, my dear Russian lass. I haven't forgotten about the story.

       ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armin: A lone raven cried its frantic cry, beckoning the vain rooster to rise. 

The wraith melted into the shadows, leaving a trail of crimson in his tracks.

Hanji: Oh, pray! O sire- have mercy upon this poor maiden!

Erwin: Mercy thou shalt recieve when thou dost the honours of explaining.

Hanji: O Lord! May He have mercy on us.

Erwin: [as his hand closes on her throat] He hath no mercy upon those who defy Him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Armin falls silent]

Bertholdt: What? What happens next?

Armin: Sorry, just seeing if you're listening.

[in unison]

Everyone else: ARMIN!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armin: Hanji fought against le lieutenant, who, of course, resented his leader's cruelty. One would say he fell for her charm. 

In his hesitation, Mike's firm hand was undone.

 I assure you- that woman was either the bravest in all of Paris- or the craziest.

[Hanji's hand shoots across Erwin's face with a smart slap]

Hanji: [explosively] From the way thy words make their haughty appearance, one dares to think you are impersonating Him, thou crack-back'd-

Mike: [hisses] Pray do not! Answer him, I entreat you. Anon, maiden!

Erwin: No. Oh, no. Dear me...

Armin: It was as though all the crows of France had gathered in the early dawn sky to spell out a word; one word for Hanji to read, as she was taken under Mike's hold again.

"Beware."

Le Capitaine gave a single laugh.

Erwin: Thou proveth me prodigious, maiden. Do not make dainty as you claw at thine face once more.

Hanji: That I shalt do not, lest I be taken to the stocks near Notre Dame.

Erwin: Then I swear o'er thine fay in my honour and this sanctified rapier that no being of God shall pull a hair on thy luscious head while you walk under my protection.

Hanji: Thou mean supervision, I dare to assume.

[Mike lets go of her.]

Hanji: Wherefore be it that thou, a portly knight in armor polished for thee by manservants and squires, talk to a mere gitane as I? Surely this is a jest of the noble, sire. Why am I not in chains? for I have committed not one, but two crimes to-night. 

Mike: Do thou wish to be taken as such?

Erwin: Dost thou think'st she entreats so, lieutenant? It seems not that manner to me.

Hanji: What do thou need of me? What do I owe that hath disparagmenteth thee?

Erwin: [to Mike] It is ill-beseeming that we discourse in the black-cloaked alley and the cool of the storm. Is it not?

Mike: Aye, sire. Shalt we bring her to court?

Erwin: Nay. We art not to act as rushed as so. We shall speak in somewhere warm. I shall ask the maiden if she knowst any inn you both could pass the night in.

Mike: La gitane as well, sire?

Erwin: Aye, Mike.

Hanji: But, sire-

Erwin: It is information I want, gypsy; but not in the way thou hath taken to heart. 

For now, I wilt settle for thy name. Is it Sophia? Millicent? Maerwynn? 

Hanji: I... I am Zoe Hanji, sire. Yet I have questions unanswered-

Erwin: I entreat thee, maiden- speak no more ere you capture a chill. 

Follow us.

Hanji: And if I will against it?

Mike: I am desolate that that goes without saying.

[Like a prisoner, Hanji walks between the two, Mike and Erwin's discoursing the last thing the audience hears before the trio exit the stage.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krista: I don't get it. Why did all the ravens in France spell out 'beware' for Hanji to read? There is no danger. Le Capitaine and Le Lieutenant sound awfully nice.

Ymir: Not everyone is as innocent as you are, bae.

[Krista blushes.]

Marco: I don't like that Captain guy...

Armin: [grinning] You will soon enough, my Belgain terrier!

Jean: [to Eren] What's up with your friend calling everyone by their nationalities?

Armin: Ask the Japanese lady. [He points at Mikasa]

Mikasa: ... guilty. I dared him to at dinner.

Annie: The Russian Lass wishes to hear more.