poptarts and randall

(ps i dont actually call brendon the cursed "beebo" nickname, but i think since theyre kids it would be a cute nickname for him to have.)

tyler's  pov.

poptarts are the only thing i've been eating, lately. that's probably not a good thing. whatever, my metabolism is young and fresh. whatever that means. i need to quit listening to my mom.

my parents have been on a pretty long bender. (not sure what that means, but i think i've figured it out.) i don't know where they are right now, but i have their money and i've been living off of cheap knockoff dollar tree boxes of poptarts for about a month. if i ration myself wisely, i'm thinking i can last a while with them. so far, i've only gone through one box. 

i'll have to stop by the dollar tree to pick up another after school.

speaking of school, i should get going.

i finished my egotistic internal monologue and grabbed my poptart from the toaster before heading out to walk to school.

arriving to my class, i groaned. i could see a substitute teacher standing in the doorway. i can't stand substitute teachers. they never understand how our school works, and by the time they've figured it out they never come back.

i told the substitute my first and last name and made my way to my assigned table, trying to mentally prepare myself for whatever my seat partner was going to be talking nonstop about today. i should have figured out by now i can never fully prepare myself to talk to him.

"TYLER! you're late, dude. i almost thought my best bro wasn't going to show up today. i would be so lonely without you, man." my seat partner brendon, who everybody called 'beebo' (that's a dumb nickname, he's gonna regret that when he's trying to get a girl in highschool and that's all everybody knows him as.), exclaimed.

i groaned, rubbing my eyebrows. 

"i almost wish i hadn't. also, i'm not your dude, or your man, or your 'best bro'."

brendon just laughed.

"sure, bro." i sighed and sat down. at least i was one of the lucky ones, all the tables in our class had four people sitting at it but we didn't have an equal amount of students so at our table it was just me, brendon, and two seats for our backpacks. (named by  brendon: shelly and samantha.). brendon has the energy of 3 people anyways, so we aren't missing out on much.

the substitute clapped his hands.

"alright gang. i know it's not quite my place as substitute teacher to announce this," everyone groaned. "but today we have a new friend joining us!" oh no. "joshua, please come introduce yourself."

a shorter boy with colorful messy curls walked to the front of the classroom. i wonder why his parents allowed him to do that  to his hair. i'm not one to talk, though. for all i know my parents are somewhere in italy right now.

"uh, hi. my name's josh dun and i just moved here from L.A. um, i like cats an' oreos an' drumming. and aliens are real. probably. "

the substitute teacher blinked for a second, before giving the classroom a stern look.

the students sighed.

"hi, josh." we all said, tired.

"HEY JOSH !" brendon yelled, way after everyone else.

josh just waved awkwardly before looking at the teacher, expecting some sort of order.

"where should i sit?"

"oh."

the substitute (maybe i should figure out his name.) looked around for a second before realizing the only open table was mine.

"okay, you can sit with brendon and, uh, him."

josh just gave a thumbs up and sat next to me.

"hey, you wanna see something cool?"

"no, not really."

"HELL YEAH."

i think you can guess who said what.

josh made a 'shh' gesture and pulled a cockroach with one of those mini mics you could win at chuck e. cheese's for 15 tickets out of his pockets.

"this is randall."

what the fuck.