this one is just dialogue

it was lunch time, and josh, as the new student, got to pick two people to eat outside with. to him, this was the perfect opportunity to include brendon and i in his stupid plan.

"okay, guys. i've made a map of the school-"

"josh." i interrupted. he sighed,

"yes, tyler?"

"why did you assume we wanted anything to do with this? i have more important things to deal with. and i'm hungry. why did you make us throw away our food?"

josh rolled his eyes.

"rookie mistake. never eat school food. anyways, i can tell you secretly want to be involved in this. plus the teacher dude asked you if you wanted to spend lunch with me. and you said yes."

shit, did i?

"my food wasn't even from the school!"

"well, you can't be too sure. as i was saying, i made a map of the school and the hall monitors' schedules. i was thinking we could join an after-school club, like the learning tree since it's every day, and look around."

"one problem, dipshit, the learning tree costs 40 bucks a month."

"i've got 120 bucks, a couple teenagers that sound like adults, and assumptions that neither of you have very involved parents."

"you haven't even asked brendon how he feels about this. you know he's a little slow." i whispered the last part.

"okay. brendon, how do you feel about this?"

brendon looked up, a little startled.

"uh, yeah. sure. great idea, boss." he went back to whatever he was doing.

josh just nodded and crossed his arms, looking at me smugly.

"fine, whatever. i've got nothing better to do. just make sure brendon actually knows what's going on."